Build 2191

Guitar Pedal Synth Added…

Hi n-Trackers;
I notice that build 2191 is available for download. It has been posted for some time now. However, I’m relieved that I have GetRight… The server is is dropping out… and running at less than half of the normal download speed. My dial-up is hurting pretty bad.

It appears that Flavio has added a GuitarSynthPedal to n-Track. Sense I don’t have b 2191 installed yet, what is known about this guitar synth pedal? or… what is an example of how this pedal can be used?

Bill…

HI bill -

you might have it already, there was a 4meg download increase in build 2188 - look in VST plugin folder for FREEAMP 2 -

its a hungry beast, my PC maxed out before i could switch all the features on -

although we can only praise Flavio for these freebies and the changes he makes so quick, there is however a BIG PROBLEM
for you, me and others on DIALUP - this new feature add 40 minutes to the download time -

it would be nice if Flavio could seperate out all the VSTs from the main program and allow people who want them to download them seperately - this would make it much quicker for US to keep the main program upto date - we must be downloading 6meg of things we already have each time we upgrade -

Flavio has changed the track movement cross, the cross now stays at the left of the screen no matter how far away from the start of the track you are - BRILLIANT - Well done Flavio -

Dr J

and the envelope nodes now work as they used to -

Dr j

Hi Guys:
I have been in the studio up-dating the P-4 XP desk… Build 2191 is on the P-4 and working quite well… I didn’t do any editing with the volume nodes… But I have the operating system up to “Current” and I’ve been tweaking the present work-in-progress song…

I didn’t get to see your reply here, Doc… I’m at the P-111 Editing DAW… I will have a look for the the FREEAMP 2 Plug… now…

AND…

Yes… I SEE IT… Beautiful… Flavio…

I’m not a Guitar Player But The Plugin is how I would Imagine it If I were a guitar player with a Pedal-Board on the floor, and… on a stage… For the few seconds I looked at it I would say there is nothing missing on this Pedal-Board…

I would say if you guitar players want to “LIVE INPUT” Play your guitar tracks the only thing you might be missing is, How do you switch the effects IN-and-OUT in real-time and… On-the-Fly? Maybe, the feature is already there… ???

Something I’ve been working with is… The link… It’s there… You’ll have to register… It’s a precision meter… I’m a Meter Freak… But this one is different… and any number of instances of the meter can be used at one time… The CPU Resources runs in the order of 2.3 - 2.4%… Oh-yes… This meter VST is a Full/Complete version… There are lots of “Voices” that can be called up for use in the application… If it sounds like I’m pushing the application… I’m not… But it’s worth the download and install…

Bubba… If you’re out there, could you install it on your setup and give us your opinion? If you don’t want to register with the site… I will understand… However, this meter has some nice possibilities for it use… I think so, anyway… There are other Free-Bees on the site… It’s the meter that has my attention…

Doc:
You’re right. The n-Track download is 16 meg. + now… I don’t mind… if the builds keep coming I’ll get them, somehow… If the Guitar Pedal needs up-dating each time the build gets posted then that’s O.K. with me… But Maybe Flavio might consider posting another link, to the new builds if a “Build Post” workaround could be “Fit” into the download page for those users on Dial-up, explaining the reasons why the different downloads…

I’d be all for that…

I think the Download procedure for me runs in the order of 1 hour, now…

Hey… YOU Guys… I remember back in the v1 builds… It used to take me that long back then… The download speed for me was in the order of 700 - 900 cycles per second… Smoke signals with a wet blanket would have been faster…

Bill…

i tried the 8 meter version of starplugs VST(without registering) from some download site, but it was far to slow on my system and i could not get more than one two meters working !.

for an accurate view of how much CPU use/MEMORY use/CPU speed and how much memory a VST is hogging, download CPUMON (free) from the address below, it takes up very little space on the screen and gives valuable info on how much CPU is actually being used just running N -

http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php

PS.
you just cant beat the good old analogue VU meters,
but with the 24 outs i have on new RME i would have to have a HARDWARE VU METER to view the 2 track output from my mixer - but have you seen the price of hardware units ? -
thought about using an old tape machine just to use the meters on it, but they are to small for accurate reading -

Dr J