Build 2411 - History Window Added

Yeah!

Under the View > History Window.
It keeps and displays a list of editing changes and allows you to select from a list created as you edit in n_Track.
You can step backward, and the edits that occured after that step/event are still listed (greyed out and not active) so that you can listen to how your changes effected the song and then move back down the list to the point you want to keep.
This is a real plus to the editing features of n_Track!
Way to go Flavio!
:D
Bax

Cool! :agree:

I’ll scratch that off “the wish list” after I play around with it a bit.

D

Nice! :agree:

Quote: (bax3 @ Nov. 13 2008, 5:11 PM)

You can step backward, and the edits that occured after that step/event are still listed (greyed out and not active) so that you can listen to how your changes effected the song and then move back down the list to the point you want to keep.

Wow! Will download build 2411 later tonight. Is the history list also kept the next time you open the same song? Well, have to try it out.
:agree: Definitely a winner!
Quote: (bax3 @ Nov. 13 2008, 11:11 AM)

Under the View
> History Window.
It keeps and displays a list of editing changes and allows you to select from a list created as you edit in n_Track.

The history window still needs a few improvements, including the fact that a lot of undo actions now appear as "Generic action" because no name is yet associated with many editing actions. Most if not all actions will have meaningful description before the final 6.0.2 is released.

Flavio.

Hi Gents:

I had a peek at it this morning…
after I updated from build 2410…
GREAT… Thank you Flavio…

However, the change times are all GMT…
or off by 4 hours “My Local Time”…
Can the Time be changed-or-set to local times…
?
somewhere in the preferences/settings… OR…
have I missed this already…
????

Bill…

Good catch Bill! I had not noticed that. I don’t know that it really matters as the actions are still in sequance,but is just not “neat” to have the time weird.
Bax

I thought I would post the issue I saw… The recorded time may become an issue Down-the-Road somewhere… I think the recorded date is O.K. It will be nice for the guys who charge out editing time to projects… and all…

Bill…

The times are indeed shown as GMT (that’s the default time representation in the operating system). The next build will show editing times using the local time zone.

Flavio.

Where is 2411?
The Download page for V 6 says build 2407.

After downloading V6, the file properties list it as File Version 5.2.3668. What’s up with that?

The download should have the version number and build included in the file name. It is confusing.

Build 2411 is a Beta. If you want to test the latest features with the understanding that they are not perfected, go to the listing for the Beta builds on the download page, the latest BETA build will be listed.