Build Problems...

Envelopes…

well, build 2313 is here, and well volume envelopes are still not working, as they should, also the auxes envelopes dont show, anybody else with these problems??

Hi Daldo:

It must have something to do in your Config. Folder…

Have you “Right-Clicked” on any Volume Nodes?
To check??

You may have to go into the “Settings Panel” and “Revert to Default” ? …

Personally, I hate to do Revert to Default…
BUT You may have to do that…

Bill…

hey, thanks bill, but no volume envelopes show up, the dont work, but they show up, Did a revert to defeault still no aux envelopes.

hope this gets fix soon.

Hi Again Daldo:

Your reply is fascinating…

I have build 2313 installed…
When I open a mixer strip of a track on the timeline and click on the “hammer” the first item on the list is “Show AUX Sends/Returns”

The default number of Aux Returns is “TWO”…
I choose not to show the Returns on the strip…
So they don’t appear on the mixer strip…
Then from the drop-down menu “Add Channel” you can add any number of Aux Strips…
I think…
However, I don’t use those features of n-Track…
Then…
from the top toolbar of n-Track you’ll see the icon that says Draw volume envelopes…
The “Down Arrow” beside that icon will allow you to DRAW the selected envelopes…
They need to be Hi-Lited on the drop down list as to what envelope you want to DRAW…
I guess that how it works…
Then again, I don’t use that feature on any present Mix Sessions…

Could any of that reply be useful to you with the issues you have ????

Bill…

thanks bill, hahah i just read what i wrote, i should be awake when i write something, what i meant to wite was that, volume envelopes, show up, they dont work, but they show up, and the aux envelopes didnt show, but now they do, i uninstalled the program and reinstall it and now they are drawn, :laugh: anyways thanks for the help, i shure hope the volume envelope issue gets fixed soon, idont use that much, but some times i need it.

thanks.

Hi Daldo:

Thanks for the reply…
It’s nice to get something working the way you think it should work…
Only to find a number of other things pop up to boggle the mind…

I try to configure n-Track by turning off as many features as I can find that are defaulted to be turned on…
This helps my old P-111 to be as productive as I can make it…
when streaming tracks from the hard drives… When I get into and reach post production/mix sessions and all I sometimes edit individual tracks on their own timelines and then re-import the edited-and-renamed tracks back into the mix timeline, so as not to stress the mix-session timeline…

As soon as I begin to see the CPU Usage meter edging upward to 70% for example I try to attempt things on the timeline to hold the CPU Usage to average 40-60%…
My P-111 Seems to handle that workload/stress O.K.
Sometimes that means re-creating a new timeline with re-worked Tracks to limit the Stress Load at those levels…
There is nothing fast-and-true to managing all this…
But then if I need to add a resource hungry Plug-in I have the DAW resources to be able to include those types of plug-ins to the mix session…

Those are some of the things that I can relate to here with my setups-and-projects…

Bill…