Bush's support Democracy around the world

Is a liberal goal

Agree?

Mr Soul

Should be EVERYBODYS goal. Liberal or not.

TG

Quote (nergle @ Mar. 01 2005,17:42)
what's so great about democracy?

Choice.

TG :)

Should be EVERYBODYS goal. Liberal or not.
Forget political parties, etc. I don't mean that it's a goal supported by liberals or conservatives.

I mean that it's a goal that is liberal by the true defintion of the word liberal.

I disagree with you Ali - Democracy's are better.

Mr Soul

While it may not be perfect -- we run the risk of the idiots outbreeding the smart-ones and eventually voting themselves the key to the henhouse, and the country winds up eating it's own tail... However... Can you show me a better *currently working* alternative?

-John

Oh yeah… and actually, the USA is not a democracy, it is a Representative Republic.

:p

Quote (nergle @ Mar. 01 2005,19:50)
PS, and if nothing else, it's fascinating to see you and Toke on the same side of a debate! :laugh:

Oops! I must be slipping...

Let me re-state my argument... I disagree with whatever Toker says, even if it does make sense.

:D
Quote (nergle @ Mar. 01 2005,18:29)
You really think so TG? I wish I did. :(

Life experience has taught me that the vast majority of people are sheep.
Because they CHOOSE to be sheep. Right?

They can be, and are, swayed by stronger personalities, or bribery, or countless other factors.

IF they CHOOSE to be swayed.

And in a democracy, the majority wins.

This is true. I'd rather have MY choice than not though!

See it is ALL about choice. Make the right ones fella's!

TG -- been VB'ing all day. I'm tired..........

In a democracy you have a choice of dictators, lets face it, at the moment there is not much to choose from.

...I disagree with whatever Toker says, even if it does make sense.
Errh it's Mr Soul and I sort of figured that :laugh:

Mr Soul
Quote (nergle @ Mar. 02 2005,01:14)
TG, as far as I can see, I have two choices;......

Spout off with my over-opinionated, self-opinionated thoughts, and risk alienating people who I consider my buddies.............

or, shut my mouth......

so,

night night all. :D

Ali

I don't think you have to worry about alienating me Ali. I try not to be easily offended. DARNIT! :D :D

TG

Well if we can’t easily offend TG, what’s this use of this forum?

LOL
:D

Quote (gtr4him @ Mar. 01 2005,17:58)

Choice.

TG :)

Just to play Devil's advocate, couldn't a dictator allow for choice? What exactly is it that you want to be able to choose?

I think the "choice" answer answer oversimplifies. Yanks tend to conflate capitalism and democracy, and we tend to think that we have choices that we really don't. Helps stabilize the system ideologically.

See, TG, I'm doing my best to offend you... :)
Quote (TomS @ Mar. 03 2005,07:28)
Just to play Devil's advocate, couldn't a dictator allow for choice?

If a dictator was to allow his populace to have the right to choose whether or not he gets to be in charge, he really isn't a dictator anymore, is he?