Bush admits that admin may have disclosed

Plame’s name

I absolutely couldn’t believe I was watching my President say this today:

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m aware of the fact that perhaps somebody in the administration did disclose the name of that person," Bush said. "I’ve often thought about what would have happened if that person had come forth and said, ‘I did it.’ Would we have had this endless hours of investigation and a lot of money being spent on this matter? But, so, it’s been a tough issue for a lot of people in the White House. It’s run its course and now we’re going to move on.

This is absolutely unbelievable!!! And to watch Bush’s body language & the way that he glossed over the issue. It’s just the saddest thing I think I’ve ever seen, even worst than Clinton admitting that he’d had s*x with Monica (which was pretty hard to watch).

Here a CIA operative’s name was leaked & her cover was blown. And the President admits that someone in his admin probably leaked her name. And then he commutes Libby who committed pretty much the same crimes that they impeached Clinton on.

The USA is a sad place my friends & the government is about as corrupt as I can ever remember it.

Yes it sucks! Lies lies and more lies!
I don’t remember a more corrupt time as what we live in today :(

What gripes my butt is he thinks he’s above the law!

What gets me is that the folks that think it was OK to commute Scooter are the ones that bring up Clinton’s pardons and past transgressions. Many of those same folks want an outright pardon (Scooter it under the rug so to speak). If it was wrong for Clinton to pardon then it would be wrong for Bush. If it’s not wrong for Bush then it wasn’t wrong for Clinton. If Clinton lied, and he did, then why not pardon him as well?

So, in that sense, Bush is right that it’s time to move along.

That also means it’s time to move past Clinton (it’s been HOW long?). I don’t think the Bushies can do it. I’ve never seen such as bunch of sour grape faces.

<!–QuoteBegin>

In writing Article II, Section 4, George Mason had favored impeachment for “maladministration,” i.e., incompetence, but James Madison, who favored impeachment only for criminal behavior, carried the issue. Hence, cases of impeachment may be undertaken only for "treason, bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors."

Shame innit.

<!–QuoteBegin>
worst than Clinton admitting that he’d had s*x with Monica (which was pretty hard to watch).

So, what was it that Clinton had with Monica? - a squashed bug is obscuring the word.

A sax? I know he’s a sax player, but I thought they just made them in a factory or summat. ???

A Six? I doubt if he’s a cricket player, so probably not.

Sox? a baseball team?

Sux? Hmmm, I think I’m getting close. :D

Sex? Well, I can imagine that you found that pretty hard to watch…but out of interest, did you make an mpeg? :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Many of those same folks want an outright pardon (Scooter it under the rug so to speak).

Oh but you see Phoo, the Scooter trial was the result of an out of control prosecutor who had it in for the Bush admin. And you see Fitzgerald knew the leaker on the first day of the investigation & the whole thing was a shame. And the judge & jury were corrupt too. And the whole thing was boosted by the liberal press (that is somehow corrupt too :slight_smile:

You know none of what I just said is true but this is the right-wing’s message.

Regardless of what we knew about Armitage, Fitzgerald needed to investigate the matter because Plame’s name was leaked & by multiple people - Rove, Libby, Armitage, Cheney?, Bush? - who knows. Fitzgerald’s job was to find out & he never really did because Libby obstructed justice.

And today Bush made a sham of the whole thing. I’m sorry but I hope this continues & we finally learn the truth.

Democracy has always been fragile; especially so when the electorate is not exactly up on current affairs - a survey of 60 of my students revealed that 12 knew who Scooter is. But then, I’d never want to suggest that the dumbing down of Americans is part of the radical right’s game plan.

Guys, let’s just not get into this discussion. I am sooooooo angry with these people, and it makes my blood pressure go up.

Bush is simply a moron, and Cheney is simply immoral.

Argh, now you’ve gone and done it! Mike, I’m really mad at you now!
(Not really! :) )

Spambot for president in '08. (We can change the laws, can’t we, to make it possible?)

Sorry about that Tom :D But you’ve got to admit, Bush pulled off the Scoter “pardon” & admitted outing Plame with little to no backlash in the press. If Clinton had done that, we wouldn’t have heard the end of it.

I want Congress to pass the Fairness in Media Act (or whatever it’s called). You know - the thing that the FCC got rid of in '87 (I think). That will get the right-wingers going. They’re spinning this one to say that the Left wasn’t to end talk radio & free speech. Man - those guys disgust me :laugh:

I thought it was “Phoo was President” in '08.

<!–QuoteBegin>

I thought it was “Phoo was President” in '08.

I’d vote for him! Given the choices I believe we will have my options will be to write in phoo or check “none of the above” maybe?

D

The “leaker’s” name was Richard Armitage - not Scooter Libby. Scotter Libby was charged and sentenced for a faulty memory…

<!–QuoteBegin>

The “leaker’s” name was Richard Armitage - not Scooter Libby.

Wrong - there were several leakers of which Armitage was one. He was the one who talked to Novak but Scooter & Rove both “disclosed” Plame’s name to the press independent of Armitage. That’s wash Bush admitted to last week.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Scotter Libby was charged and sentenced for a faulty memory…

Wrong again. Scotty was convicted of lying & obstruction of justice.

Oops sorry, phoo!

Phoo for Phresident in '08! :)

OOOPPPSS…

I did NOT have relations with with squirrel.

(Sorry about what, Tom?)

(phoo @ Jul. 16 2007,09:38)
I did NOT have relations with with squirrel.

Then explain all the corn shavings on the blue dress! :D

D - phoo in '08

Too bad I can edit the post. Someone with bad grammar shouldn’t be President you know.

(Too late? :) )

He actually said “sexual relations” (but you knew that).

As Robin Williams said, “I did not have sex with that woman, but I wanted to.”.

Soul, are you actually defending Clinton on this?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Soul, are you actually defending Clinton on this?

No - I wouldn’t say that. However, Clinton was trying not to lie, but also not admit that he had had sex with Monica. He did that by referencing the “sexual relations” definition which was what actually testified on. Now we all know that Clinton did have “sex” with Monica and I wished he had just admitted it in the first place, so I don’t defend him here.

Where I do defend him, is fighting Starr & his investigation which was a sham IMO. I also defend him trying to keep his relationship with Monica private. IMO -no-one needed to know about it. Paula Jone’s lawyer’s didn’t really need to know (what did this have to do with sexual harassment - nothing). It wouldn’t have affected her suit which eventually got thrown out.

Starr didn’t need to know, the American people (us) didn’t need to know, Linda Tripp didn’t need to know (Monica should have kept her mouth shut), etc.

In short, the whole investigation & impeachment was about a private matter (sex). It was Starr’s attempt to get Clinton for anything he could get him for. Don’t believe the right-wingers when they say it was about Paula Jone’s rights - bull I say.

The Robin Williams bit was from one of his latest movies which I thought was funny, so I included it.

(Mr Soul @ Jul. 18 2007,08:51)
(Monica should have kept her mouth shut), etc.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: