buttons disappear

I love n-track. But sometimes there are buttons on the left of the tracks that enable “mute”, '“stereo”, “mono” of the particular track, and sometimes they disappear. I can’t find a way to make them come back except to re-install the program which is ridiculous. Where did they go and how do I get them to come back???

I can’t think of anything that would cause them to just disappear other than if you inadvertently drug the left track bar all the way to the left of the screen. Then you wouldn’t even see the track bar let alone the buttons. ???
At any rate, provided the track bar it’s self is viewable but the buttons aren’t … right click in an empty area of the track bar … In the pop up menu, click Select left track bar elements. Highlight (by clicking on) each element you want visible in that left track bar.

Thanks for your reply. But I don’t see an option in that pop up menu for bringing back the whole area on the left side of tracks that has buttons for mute

That is not an option. It’s more like dragging a window to resize it.
If you move your cursor slowly to the edge of the track bar, the cursor will change to two opposing arrows. Then you can left click and drag the track bar in or out.

Thanks for your patience with my stupidity

Think nothing of it. It’s all part of the learning process and the main intent of this forum. Helping one another.