Can't hear Aux effects...

yes, i have the Aux return slider up

Help please, I can add an aux channel, turn up the ‘send’, turn up the Aux return, have VU’s moving but I don’t hear any effect! I can use one as an insert and hear it. Help! Thanks

On the aux send to the left there is a drop menu. Select the middle option, I think post master, something, something, etc. /

I found it. I hadn’t found the ‘master return’ yet (new to 4) That’s in addition to the ‘aux return’. Not sure why there’s 2 returns though, I’ll have to read up some. Thanks for the reply, Jon

Eyup!

Also, make sure you have the “Dry” slider on the effect you insert into the Aux all the way down.
Otherwise you will be diluting the Aux effect and may not hear it.

Steve

Quote (Beefy Steve @ Feb. 16 2006,14:06)
Also, make sure you have the "Dry" slider on the effect you insert into the Aux all the way down.
Otherwise you will be diluting the Aux effect and may not hear it.

You might also want to check if the effect you're using isn't turn off.

And the little green “fx” box in upper left hand corner of timeline view – well if it’s green you’re good. If it’s gray FX are all turned off. I guess you’d know about that, though.

The master slider is just the master slider for the whole mix. If you haven’t touched it, it should be at zero (unity gain, the normal position).