Can't Mixdown

I’m working on a project and I’ve got a problem with mixdown. I’ve done four songs so far and two mixdown OK but two won’t go. When I go to mixdown these songs the process goes for split second and then the window closes. The song isn’t mixed down.

I’ve had this happen before but if I went in and tweaked the beginning and end points of the tracks I could get it to work. This time it appears that no amount of tweaking will get the mixdown to work.

Anyone had this happen? Do you have a fix? I’m using version 4.0.5.

Have you checkd out that you’ve chosen “mixdown the whole song” instead of “mixdown selected area”?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Have you checkd out that you’ve chosen “mixdown the whole song” instead of “mixdown selected area”?

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I’ve never used that button and I have no idea how it got changed but that did the trick. Whew…

Quote (8th_note @ Oct. 23 2006,16:26)
<!–QuoteBegin>

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I’ve never used that button and I have no idea how it got changed but that did the trick. Whew…

You’re welcome. I think for some reason the selected area mixdown is the option program assumes as a starting point.

In my hostile opinion it’s pretty stupid starting point. I get more hostile every time when I notice that I’ve burned some muted intros to cd… After 20 times you’ll learn. :angry:

It’s a nice and very convenient feature if someone wants to mixdown just part of a song or a whole song out of a set. Drag across the top to highlight a section of the song and when the mixdown button is clicked that selection is already entered in the boxes for a partial mixdown. If someone wants to do a full mix down all they need to to is not make a selection or click the whole song button. That’s a lot easier than having to manually enter the start-stop times. The caveat is exactly what you (and probably most of us) have run run into — It’s way to easy to not notice that there is a selection, especially when it’s just a few seconds. A short selection looks like the time cursor when zoomed out. I like the features functionality, but it could be improved with a toggable warning when starting the mixdown. “The selection from 2:00 to 2:08 will be mixed down. Did you intend to mixdown the whole song?” And in the dialog there could be Yes, Cancel, and a button to select the whole song or change the selection. Of course toggable since it would be a pain be warned all the time when someone regularly does partial mixdowns. No warning is the way it is now.

Hi phoo and All:
I got into that issue during the v5 Bata builds as they were posted…

If you’re “Looping” an area of the timeline and you don’t defeat the loop before you begin a render you just get the “loop” rendered… Cause I believe it’s part-and-parcel of the same code…

If the Loop and Render Partial Timeline and Render Total Timeline could be seperated from each other that may very well NOT be an issue when rendering a mix or partial mix…

Just a suggestion for a resolve to an issue to save time… Well…

Bill…

Quote (phoo @ Oct. 24 2006,11:07)
It's a nice and very convenient feature if someone wants to mixdown just part of a song or a whole song out of a set. Drag across the top to highlight a section of the song and when the mixdown button is clicked that selection is already entered in the boxes for a partial mixdown. If someone wants to do a full mix down...

Of course it's a matter of preference and I don't deny that partial mixdown is useful per se .

It's just the fact that in 95 % of the cases I mixdown the whole song when I mix. And in those cases I typically have meddled with some shortish section of a song, typically muted hi hats at the beginning of the song etc. It bugs me that the thing I do rarely is the thing the proggie starts doing if I'm not careful.

I would be extremely happy if the program would do the mixdown options exactly like I did last time I mixed down as a preference. But no. I have to clik 16 bits stereo, dither, whole song, off line... nuisance but I've learned to live with that.