can't record in 24 bit using N-tracks 5.1.1

I have used a Firepod and MOTU 828mk3 and I cannot record in 24 bit. 16-bit works just fine. The waveform looks fine in 24-bit but the playback is just static.

I upgraded to n-Track Studio 6 and 24-bit works find. I also did a fresh re-install of version 5.1.1 and it still doesn’t work. It is not a problem for me with the upgrade but I’m curios why this is an issue.

I’m running Windows XP.

Keith

I don’t remember exactly what version changed things, but for a long time the 16 bit and 24 bit programs were a seperate program with the 24 bit license running a bit more - so, that may be the situation.

I bought the 24-bit version and actually checked to make sure I had the correct codes. I did. Any other suggestions?

What build of v5.1.1 do you have installed? I’ll check to see if that’s the last build of that version…

Bill…

The build was 2313. I downloaded the “older versions” off of the website and that was the only version available. I assume that was the last build.

I’d say that may have been the lst build…
However, I have b 2305
Still checking…

Bill…

All along back then I was using Lexicon Core 32 Hardware…
It always worked with that 24 bit hardware…
However, the operating system I used was '98SE…
Not XP…

Bill…

[EDIT] Somehow-or-other if I recall… back rhen there may have been corrupt builds that didn’t behave well with some 24 bit hardware drivers… ???

This was a problem with Asio drivers for me in version 5, it was never fixed. Using an E-Mu card.
I could record using the MME or WDM drivers in 24 bit tho.

Makes sense. I was using ASIO drivers when I had the problem. I remember once that I switched to a WDM driver and it started working. Thanks for the input.

It seems to work fine with ASIO drivers in Version 6 so I am good to go.

Keith