Can't record in MONO with WDM???

I just get this error…

Hey!

I use n-Track 5.1.1 Build 2313, M-Audio Delta Audiophile 24/96 (Latest driver) and Win Vista Home Premium.

When I have chosen WDM as audio device I can’t record in mono. I click on the small hammer down at the left and then mark MONO, but when I click “Ok” I just get this error:

http://www.speedyshare.com/699398770.html

What does it mean? Why can’t I choose mono? When I use MME I don’t get this error…

Does the sampling freq. match your soundcard?

I read your other post also - hang in there the folks that know more than most we’ll be along soon…
I know it’s frustrating - took me a while to get my new vista puter set up too.

Choose “Stereo > Two mono tracks” instead of “Mono”. Then choose which channel (L or R) you want to enable. Just to see if it works…

I don’t run the Audiophile card. I use an EMU1820M. If I select WDM and choose “Mono” I get a huge burst of noise. If I choose Stereo > Two mono tracks, it’s OK. I usually run ASIO and don’t fool around with WDM though.

D

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ May 03 2008, 8:33 PM)

Does the sampling freq. match your soundcard?

I read your other post also - hang in there the folks that know more than most we'll be along soon....
I know it's frustrating - took me a while to get my new vista puter set up too.

Yes I think so. Is this what you mean?

http://www.speedyshare.com/729494450.html

I am able to choose and record mono when I'm using MME but when I use MME I get this other delay/latency-problem you read about in the other thread.

Yes, record two mono tracks works. But that’s not what I want.

Quote: (Gatubarn @ May 04 2008, 6:56 AM)

Yes, record two mono tracks works. But that's not what I want.

Err... what's the difference?

You only record enable the one side/channel you want. It is mono.

D

Have you made sure your in’s and outs match in Settings - devices?

Seems everyone has given you the best info here, but maybe just maybe you need to check your IRQ table and make sure Vista didn’t strap your audio card on with your video card or something. If the audio card is sharing anything on the IRQ table it can give problems. If it is sharing with another hardware, try re-installing the card (do a Virgin Re-Install)on another pci slot to free it up.

Even if Vista says no conflicts on the shared IRQ, it can cause disruptions most times with the audio card.

Yaz

(I’m posting this because it happened to me with an E-Mu card, said no conflicts but gave me nothing but problems everyday until I got it fixed)

Good point Yaz - also when I put my latest ‘new’ pooter on line - first thing I sought out were updates that have been created since the machine left the factory - there were quite a few. not only windows ones but also sound and video manufacturer updates. I’m not sayin’ - I’m just sayin’.

Yessiree Poppa, video drivers from factory machine probably way out of date when you purchase. Can’t re-empasize what Poppa’s brought up here, driver updates! get 'em now, video can create havoc with multi-tracking audio.