can't save fx automation

just wondering if anyone else has had trouble saving fx parameter automation. i was successful at writing in the automation on several songs, but after saving and re-opening them, they’re gone.

perhaps it’s a glitch? or maybe i’m missing something. it took me hours to figure out that i had to click that little triangle just be able to automate the fx.

thanks
joon

after fiddling a bit, i realized it does save the envelopes. you have to click on “select all automated params.”.

but now, is there any way to delete a parameter? simply removing it (by selecting “none” from the drop-down menu) doesn’t work. it just hides it.

Hi joonquinn:

I hope I’m not missing something in your post…

A song imported unto the timeline is always a .sng file… or creates an .sng file or a backup .sng file…

In the preferences, I always place a check-mark in the, always open the last song

Having said that…
I never rewrite a file I import unto the timeline… I always use…
save as
and rename the file
e.g.
new song_02052010
OR something that will prompt you … If you render a song always rename the file and date/code it… There may be a easier way…
In any case never permanently change the original file…

It makes the working folder huge…
but you nave will loose an original or working file…

I hope all that makes sense…
:p
:laugh:
Anyway…
where did I put my glasses…
:laugh:

Bill…

Does turning on the Envelope reveal the changes? For instance: if you are automating the volume you can see the changes drawn. Same for Aux and there is at the bottom of the list a selection to control FX settings. I’ve not used it myself, so I am not certain if this is what you are looking for, but check it out and let us know.
Bax