Can't save VST effect settings??

I use the UAD-1 VST plugin card, and for some reason, I can’t save changes I’ve made to the Realverb Pro settings. I click on the track, openup Realverb Pro, fiddle with the reverb settings, close the effect and keep on working no problem. However when I click “Save” in nTrack to save my work, I notice “hmm reverb sounds weird all of a sudden.” double click on real verb pro and sure enough, the changes I made to the settings are gone. Instead, it’s back at the factory preset I started with, before I started to fiddle with the knobs.

Other UAD plugins work just fine.

Any ideas?

I think there are only a few of you, that uses that UAD-1 hardware… What was the last n-Track “Build” number that everything worked fine? Are you at the latest build now? It’s build 2210… If you are at that build I would suggest that you write Flavio and describe the issue in detail and maybe he can suggest something that might help… Then the UAD support… Flavio is pretty good at getting Third Party effect support…

I know you’ll get it working…

Bill…

Most vsts require you to save new presets inside the vst window itself, rather than in n-tracks. You can do this (on most effects) with the little gear icon in the effect window. N only remembers the current pre-set in the effect.

Good luck!
'til next time;
Tony W

Well, the UAD is hardware that runs VST effects on a PCI card (if I read correctly). So the question I’d have is, where do the presets save to, if you save a preset? Can the card save presets, or simply run them? Does it have ROM memory to do such a thing? Would it save locally somehow? I don’t know, but it seems odd to me. However, from reading your description of your problem, it seems that you are saying that the individual settings you are making to your effect aren’t saving for an individual file, correct? This could get very annoying very quick. Even if you could save a preset, you’d have to do that each time you made any change to the effect. How annoying! Yeah, I’d talk to flavio.

-Fish

page 88 of user manual may help -

http://www.uaudio.com/_works/pdf/manuals/UADManual.pdf

Dr J

Quote (theinfamousfish @ Feb. 07 2007,14:42)
So the question I'd have is, where do the presets save to, if you save a preset?

This could get very annoying very quick. Even if you could save a preset, you'd have to do that each time you made any change to the effect. How annoying! Yeah, I'd talk to flavio.

the presets are saved to a folder on the computer's hard drive. the UAD card itself acts like extra RAM/CPU power (it has no storage capabilities).

you hit it right on the head. i CAN save presets... but then everytime I save the song project in N-track (ie, everytime I click Ctrl+S), i lose any tweaks i've made to the reverb settings. meaning, every time i tweak the reverb, i have to create a new preset. then when i click Ctrl+S, the reverb reverts to the default setting, and i have to open up the reverb and reload my saved preset. ugh!

it appears to be a bug with N-Track, as the same plug-in saves just fine in other DAWs (I tried it in Reaper and it worked no problem). the strange thing is that N-Track handles every other UAD plugin just fine... for some reason it has the bug with the Reverb plug.

I just thought maybe some of y'all had seen something similar.... thanks for the replies!!