Can any of you help me with the problem?

NTRACK caused an exception c06d007eH in module KERNEL32.DLL at 014f:bff9a3c0.
Dear fellow users:
I get this error message when I first open up n-tracks. I am not allowed to use it because once this message appears the program has to be terminated. Does anyone know what it means?

Registers:
EAX=00edf8bc CS=014f EIP=bff9a3c0 EFLGS=00000246
EBX=00000000 SS=0157 ESP=00edf8b8 EBP=00edf90c
ECX=ffffffff DS=0157 ESI=00edf8d4 FS=10cf
EDX=00edf984 ES=0157 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
5e 8b e5 5d c2 10 00 64 a1 00 00 00 00 55 8b ec
Stack dump:
0061dc5c c06d007e 00000000 00000000 bff9a3c0 00000001 00edf930 18cb88da 88e210ef 01140114 000005ae 00000000 bff713e2 0000014f bff742f1 bffbfa00
My Webpage

I can’t help you decipher the error message, but I’ll suggest that a reinstall is in order. What version and Build are you using?

I’d suggest you uninstall N, run a registry cleaner, update your sound card drivers, and then install the latest version of N. If you’re running Ver4, you’ll find a link to the latest version on the FaSoft main page. If you’re running Ver3, let us know, and one of us can make the latest V3 build available for you.

teej

Thanks for your prompt response teej. I believe that I have the version 4 in which I down loaded from Fasoft websight. I am using a pentium with windows 95. Does this have anything to do with my errors? A download for me means 45 minutes. Is this what I have to do?

Thanks

i think its your OS being 95 against v4. what is your PC speed? so we can see if your PC can handle an OS upgrade.

Ahhhhhhh… 95. Like Dean, i’m not sure V4 can even run on 95, bud. I’d suggest you ask Flavio using the Feedback Form.

If you plan to do serious DAW work, i’d suggest an OS upgrade.

teej

deen russell, teej, thanks. I working with a pentium 1 processor and I can not afford an upgrade. I would like to designate this for my studio needs, recording and burning my music. I thought that n-tracks would allow me to do this. I am looking for most of the old programs such as cakewalk pro audio 9 or cubase programs. This is the only pc I have available for the task. If this does not work out my only alternative would be a 4 Track. Would version 3 of n-track work on a windows 95? If so how can I get it. I do not have to have the latest or the greatest, I just need to the capability.

Thanks

I submitted a feedback request for you, Praise. As soon as Flavio replies, i’ll let you know.

I used to run Ver 3 on a Celeron, but i was running Win98. Not sure about Win95. Flavio will know.

Don’t worry if you need to drop back to Ver 3. The last build of Ver 3 was 1516 and was rock solid. One way or another, we’ll get you the install file you need.

teej

haha… Flav responded while i was typing my last post. I swear, the man never leaves his PC. :laugh:

Here’s his reply…

<!–QuoteBegin>

Version 4 works only on Windows 98 and later. You can send him the v3 install file.

Best regards,
Flavio Antonioli.

So it sounds like you need to DL version 3, bud. I’ve made it available to you HERE.

Be sure to uninstall version 4, reboot, run a registry cleaner, reboot… Then install Ver3.

teej

teej thanks. You truly went the distance for me and I greatly appreciate it. I did not think that I was going to get much help but thanks to you my though was wrong. One other thing I need to ask and that is how do you run a registry cleaner? I am apoligize for asking a dumb question but I am new to the DAW world and when I am trying to get something acomplished I am not a person to fake it. Thanks again for your patience, hardwork and know how. As soon as I get in from work, I am going to download version 3.

Shawn
Praise Hymn Productions

No problem, Shawn. We enjoy helping people new to DAW work.

There are a number of good registry cleaners. My current favorite is CCleaner. But for Win95, it may be best to use Microsoft’s RegClean. You can get it HERE. Save it to a new folder on your Desktop. Run it and RegClean will scan your registry for errors and prompt you to Fix Errors. Click Fix Errors and reboot. You may have to do this a few times before RegClean doesn’t find any more errors.

RegClean will create an Undo file everytime it makes changes to the registry. Keep them handy just in case things don’t go well.

When it doesn’t find any more errors, you’re ready to install Ver 3.

By the way, you don’t mention if you’re new to digital recording or not. If you are, you can pick up some good info HERE.

teej

Once again, thanks teej! Yes I am new to the DAW world. I have been dreaming about having my own DAW for at least five years now. I have been researching various program like Cakewalk, Protools, Cubase, and Digital performer. All which I am sure you know have its pros and cons. Each of these programs have a heavy price tag. I am on a budget that is shorter than a show string. Whatever The Lord places in front of me, I believe it to provision from HIM to be able to do those things that HE has called be to do. Therefore, the LORD gave me a windows95 pc, my job is thank HIM for the provision that HE has provided. BUT SEEK YE FIRST HIS KINGDOM AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS; AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED TO YOU. Matthew 6:33. I believe I have what I need. I thank the Lord for sending you in my pathway. Thank you once again for everything.

how everything will work out for you and may i say “Welcome to the N Family”

sorry i mean “hope everything will work out for you”

Pray beit, that you actually come up with something good, “you hear?” Other wise your recording contract is finished!

That’s it, no more being nice guy!

OK just kidding, hope you have fun hear (get it), it’s a nice place to be!

Luv, Chilller

Sounds to me like you are on a bugget.
Use the system you have and do some recording.
Plug the mics into a preamp like a mixing board or a tape deck, then go into the sound card.
Save the original tracks so you can re-mix them later.
There are some good free plug-ins out there like Ruby Tube.
Keep an eye on pricewatch.com for a new pc.
You might also check out a free recording program called Audacity.
Good luck.