Can we trust a man who betrayed his country?

Fonda apologized, but John Kerry refuses

Even before Jane Fonda went to Hanoi to meet with the enemy and mock America, John Kerry secretly met with enemy leaders in Paris. Though we were still at war and Americans were being held in North Vietnamese prison camps. Then, he returned and accused American troops of committing war crimes on a daily basis. Eventually Jane Fonda apologized for her activities, but John Kerry refuses to.

In a time of war, can America trust a man who betrayed his country?"

Friends - Video Clip

"I’m John Kerry and I voted for this ad, before I voted against it"

-----

Yes. He served his country.

SG,

He was negotiating the release of POWs and finding info on MIAs. But it is your and Pres. Push’s one dimensional thinking that will help kill another 1000+ Americans. I believe that the true traitors are those who refuse to get the facts or think.

Get all the facts not just the lies

:(

Mike

There is absolutely no connection between Fond and Kerry, beyond the fact that they both protested the war. Also, go look at the quote they pulled from his testimony - go look where it came from and the context in which it was said.

Honestly, Burning, you are a little to quick to believe waht agrees with your position. (1) this is not a reliable source. (2) the full story is easily accessible. I say we all have a moral duty not to believe anything on insufficient grounds, and ads from Swift Boat Vets or Moveon (etc.) should be taken with a very large grain of salt. We know that they are not commited to telling us the truth, so why rely on them for information? Doing that is, well, it’s giving up on yourself. It’s a kind of willful unfreedom.

:)

Quote (DrGuitar @ Sep. 22 2004,22:13)
Get all the facts not just the lies

I would gather then that you prefer forged documents and hit pieces from the DNC & Liberal Media - a la C-BS and Dan BlatherGate (?)

Or perhaps the 'truthfulness' of a Mikhail Moore ....
Say... who did authorize those flights of bin laden's family ?

In an interview with The Hill yesterday, Richard Clarke said, “I take responsibility for it. I don’t think it was a mistake, and I’d do it again.”
Clarke’s claim of responsibility is likely to put an end to a brewing political controversy on Capitol Hill over who approved the controversial flights.

Oh, and let's not forget this little plum ....
Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

From Larry King CNN:
" ... Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think (for 40 minutes)"

Maybe if he showed up to more then 22% of the Intel meetings he was supposed to be at he would know how this happened (?)

Quote (TomS @ Sep. 22 2004,22:13)
There is absolutely no connection between Fond and Kerry

I guess that depends on what the meaning of connection, is ....

Honestly, Burning, you are a little to quick to believe waht agrees with your position. (1) this is not a reliable source.

And what was your position on BlatherGate, Tom ?
I recall you thought it was another Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

I say we all have a moral duty not to believe anything on insufficient grounds, and ads from Swift Boat Vets or Moveon

Agreed ... We do have a moral duty to seek the truth.
But, I believe there is a world of difference between hearing what a group of men who served their country have to say, and propagandists like Mikhail Moore or an obvious 'hit piece' (5 years in the making) put out by the DNC and the Liberal Media. Purportedly put out to be the 'truth', or news. ( Luckily a 'right wing' group caught this and brought it to light). Certainly the Liberals (Grassy Knoll Society) were as you say ... "a little to quick to believe what agrees with your position".
It is the hight of arrogance, dangerous, and criminal for a mainsteam Liberal News Orginization (C-BS) to present false documents to attack a sitting president at time of war. Yet the self-righteous Leftist pontificators say nothing concerning this matter. Better to drone on and on about how many angels dance on the head of a pin, or attack religion I guess (?)
.... Innocuous Parlor talk is much safer.

Perhaps this is why the race is tight in areas such as the People's Republic of New Jersey (?)

"... a little too quick to believe what agrees with your position" ... yes, indeed.

Speaking of the 'Grassy Knoll Society' where's The Tokmeister ?

:)

-

Wow SG, you are just a sad person aren’t you. You believe that one lie is as good as another. Did Kerry slap you as a baby or do you just have a giant chip on your shoulder? Are you just so embarrassed about your President that you feel the need to lash out at everyone else no matter how ridiculous you sound?

I will take your absolutely insecure, stupid response as a reason never to read your posts again. I have no problem with you voting for whom you wish, but I believe that making up lies and repeating lies is just a waste of human experience. You obviously feel contrary. Please don’t equate yourself with the Republican party, you are an embarrassment.

As your signature says "Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy ". Obviously so far right that no real Republican would be seen or associated with you.

Crawl back under your rock and look for more lies to spout, I for one am no longer interested.

Thanks for the waste of my time…

Mike

Yes - we can trust him & yes - DrGuitar has Burning-SG pegged all right.

Please don’t use the term “your President”. It shows a lack of respect for the office. I thought Clinton was a sleazy dirt-bag (still do) but he was still “my” President and I respected that. Dubya’s my President, Kerry may be my President. It’s all the same.

TG

SG i agree whole-heartedly agree with everything you said, you’re really turning me around to your way of thinking, thanks for enlightening me!!!

Time for a real bitch slap slap slap…

…so much thought…

…sush a little little brain…

Well, I was sort of joking about the CBS thing being a plant by the Repubs. Looks ot me like it was very bad journalism, although there appears to be more to the story, so I still say “wait” on that one to see what turns up. I love Moore’s films, but I think that they are wrongly described as documentaries, they are moral arguments, and hence need to be approached as such.

But as to any connection between Kerry and Fonda, well, what is it exactly? You remember they tried to do the same thing to Clinton in 1992, link him with Fonda, and it didn’t stick then either?

Funny, I visited the grassy knoll a few years ago, and all of the people selling books there convinced me that it was the CIA, the KKK, the USSR, LBJ, a pizza delivery boy, and editors from the Onion that did it. :)

Wait, here is the headline:

November 22, 1963 KENNEDY SLAIN BY CIA, MAFIA, CASTRO, LBJ, TEAMSTERS, FREEMASONS
President shot 129 times from 43 different angles …

http://www.theonion.com/index.php?pre=1

Quote (gtr4him @ Sep. 23 2004,10:13)
Please don't use the term "your President". It shows a lack of respect for the office.

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect to you gtr4him. I used the term because I didn't vote him in, the majority of people didn't vote him in, he has yet to do anything remotely good for the American people, his motives seem to be all self serving and he has surrounded himself with thieves (except for Powell).

If Bush were the ruler (President) of a middle eastern country, he would have invaded it. I know many Republicans that are embarrased by him and he is generally disrespected and dispised throughout the world. But you are right, he is our President. I just don't have to like it.

Again, I'm sorry for the "your President" comment.

Mike

Well, about the only connection I know of is seeing Kerry in the background of that one protest and rally. So following that logic… Kerry in photo with Fonda makes him the same as Fonda…

Harry Truman and Churchill in photo with Stalin make them commies/Stalinists!

:D You can gripe about him and what he said afte he came back from Vietnam, but connected with Fonda in any real substantive fashion? Or are you referring to the line of fitness videos put out by Kerry. That leotard was rough. This board can be so silly some days.

Quote (DrGuitar @ Sep. 23 2004,12:04)
Quote (gtr4him @ Sep. 23 2004,10:13)
Please don't use the term "your President". It shows a lack of respect for the office.

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect to you gtr4him. I used the term because I didn't vote him in, the majority of people didn't vote him in, he has yet to do anything remotely good for the American people, his motives seem to be all self serving and he has surrounded himself with thieves (except for Powell).

If Bush were the ruler (President) of a middle eastern country, he would have invaded it. I know many Republicans that are embarrased by him and he is generally disrespected and dispised throughout the world. But you are right, he is our President. I just don't have to like it.

Again, I'm sorry for the "your President" comment.

Mike

Hey, no problem Mike. I don't get very cranked up about this stuff. I know people around here who stomp around, fussing about politicians...."He might be YOUR (Insert Office here) but he sure as h#ll ain't mine!!" Just seems silly to me. Of course he/she is "your" whatever. He/she holds the office. You don't have to like it however, as you said. We DO get the chance to boot them out at the end of their term. Except for the Senate and House....those morons seem to be lifers.....I do believe TERM LIMITS are needed.

No apologies necessary bud.

TG

Dang! I knew that about Churchill, but Truman? ! ?

Is it OK if I say "your president"? :D

I can't even call call Tony Blair "my Prime Minister", because he's not, he's the Queen's prime minister.

And I can't even call the Queen "my Queen", because she calls herself Elizabeth II, and Scotland has only had one queen called Elizabeth.

Don't I get to own anybody? ???

Ali :D
Well, I was sort of joking about the CBS thing being a plant by the Repubs.
Well - I wouldn't put it past Rowe to do this kind of thing though.

Looks ot me like it was very bad journalism, although there appears to be more to the story, so I still say "wait" on that one to see what turns up.
It was biased, bad journalism - let's call a spade, a spade.

I love Moore's films, but I think that they are wrongly described as documentaries, they are moral arguments, and hence need to be approached as such.
Diddo!!!
Quote (Ali @ Sep. 23 2004,17:01)
Is it OK if I say "your president"? :D

I can't even call call Tony Blair "my Prime Minister", because he's not, he's the Queen's prime minister.

And I can't even call the Queen "my Queen", because she calls herself Elizabeth II, and Scotland has only had one queen called Elizabeth.

Don't I get to own anybody? ???

Ali :D

Ali, feel free bud. Just as I can say Tony Blair is NOT MY Prime Minister. I don't know that he's Prime ANYTHING?? Blair does have 5 letters in it. 5 is Prime......hmm OK. He's in. :D

TG

**EDIT: Let me continue this line of reasoning for a moment....John Kerry...Kerry..5 letters.....George Bush...6 and 4 .... that settles it. Ain't nothing Prime 'bout Dubya....oh crap, wait.....Dubya....5 letters.....well back on the fence for me!! **END EDIT

**PS EDIT: Hey this is just as reasonable a method for choosing one or other as any arguments I've seen posted here! **END PS EDIT