Can Ya Smell What's Cookin'

New tune

New tune I wrote last Friday
Thanks Poppa fer the ears and help!

Can Ya Smell What’s Cookin’

Comments welcome.

Great piece Rich, in every way. Great vocals and lyrics. Production is top-notch…love it! :agree: :agree: :agree:

Intro before vocals makes me visualize… Eastwood, poncho on, hat cocked, spurrs jinglin, walkin towards me on a dusty cow-town street. Great tune!

Yep - when I quit lurking and joined the forum there was some chatter about a missing muse and some feller named Yaz. Nothing missing here though. Wonderful writing, performance and recording.
Similar message as “Makes Me Wanna” too. You need to get a hard copy of this to your local radio station Yaz. Today. Serious.

Yaz, yeah, like was said, that is radio ready. How long have been doing this stuff (your own home recording and production I mean)?

I like this one!
Good feel and all.
The only thing I would suggest is that one of the singers somewhere bust loose for a min to break up the constant harmonies.
Although very well done. As is it’s cool too.
Love the southern feel, nice job a usual big dogs.

ooops, thought I was posting for Poppa’s new tune - be right back,

You are one talented guy! Sound is great, super guitars, loved it! Good lyrics, is that you singing yaz?? Or it’s yaz on the left and zay on the right?

Take a picture of this…Topanga Canyon circa 1974…it’s near dusk and Crosby & Stills are hanging out at Crosby’s pad. John David Souther and Ritchie Furay drop by a bit later along with a steady stream of groupies. Neal Young shows up eventually, hair all in disarray, flannel shirt hanging out over jeans and wearing boondockers. After blowing a few bones, Stills breaks out his acoustic and everyone else follows suit. A rambling jam ensues and Young tosses down a characteristic “frenetic Neal outro”.

I loved it.

Hi Yaz:

Thanks for posting that link…
The production is great… The tracks fit really well together… The imaging is great…
None of the tracks get one-another’s way…
The mastering is great, as well…

You Know IT…

Anyway,

GooD…
:)
:agree:
:laugh:

Bill…

Thanks fer the listens and ultra nice comments gang!
Hugh named just about all my hero’s in his post… :laugh: 1974 I was just getting outta high school.
I’ve been foolin around with recording since the early 70’s. My first endeavor recording was to use 2 2track cassette decks thru a mixing board and add tracks live…of course the quality got un-listenable. But trial and error…
I got some Clint Spaghetti western cigars around here somewhere…

BTW, it’s ultra easy to harmonize with one’s self. Doing it with others not so easy.
My Muse found it’s fuse!

:agree:

Outstanding!

D

That is fabulous Mr. Teague.

local radio needs a copy.

I hear you Poppa Willis…

Our local stations just don’t support our local writers, musicians, and studios…
It seems as you have to Go West. and make your mark before you get any mention of your commitment to your work and chosen career…
Then, somehow they manage to garner all the credit for the work it took for you to get any visibility…

The local station operators need to step up to the plate and give more support to their Home Grown creative people…
However, it could be the control of the CRTC (in your case… in the USA, the FCC) has over the broadcasters…

There’s more to it than that…
That’s another thread…
:p

Ain’t that being pessimistic…

Bill…

Thanks D and Tom!

The only local station that might air this would be in Mayberry (actually called Mt. Airy), but they’re kinda a close nit bunch that lean toward bluegrass…this tune wouldn’t fit their agenda. Plus I don’t hang with the local musicians, don’t play bluegrass and for that I’m considered null and void.

Hmmm, sounds like a song inspiration…null and void! Muse is working…

Awesome job, Mr. Producer. :agree:

Thank you Mr. Myers!

Talk about Crosby & Stills and Nash. Awesome lyrics too, you hit the nail on the head with that thought! Are you hearing blooning in the lower mids? Nice work! :agree: