Cannot access certain sites

i still have not gotten IE to work

i have been having some computer problems lately, mainly w/ the internet. i get a “cannot connect to server” message when i go to www.audiominds.com and www.musiciansfriend.com. Also www.wsj.com will not work.
I tried using Mozilla with the same effect. i have the windoze firewall turned off and am running through a router with windows xp. I have installed service pack 2 and i use AVG virus protection.

[Edit]i am able to access these sites from all of the other computers in my house, thay all run Windows 98[/Edit]

Click tools > Internet Options > Security > Restricted sites … see if for some reason they have been added as restricted sites. If not … try adding them as Trusted sites.
Also, it might be a good idea to make sure that your machine is free of spyware and adware.
Spybot Search and Destroy

Oops forgot the rest of my post… :p
AdAware
Also, you may want to have a look into the Hosts file

i have adaware and i looked in my hosts thing but it only had one address

Quote (swenstrup @ Oct. 03 2004,19:47)
i I have installed service pack 2

Watch out. I have heard horror stories. My friend's dad had to reformat his HD.

Eyup!

If you are running through a router and have the wingedows firewall turned off, I assume your router has a hardware firewall and also NAT translation. Check the IP addresses of the other computers on the network and make sure they are all different, but on the same sub-network. You may encounter problems if you are using DHCP and your router does not fully support it. You may end up with identical IP addresses. Why this should only affect certain sites is a mystery.

Steve