Cannot hear guitar while recording

Hi

I have purchased n-track and have found it quite useful. However, I have one problem: I cannot hear the guitar sound when recording. The sound appears correctly when playing it afterwards though. I press the Live button, but still no sound. I play trough an M-audio JamLab soundcard.

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong?

Wombat

use the inbuilt headphone/line out socket so as to prevent latency affecting your playing -

Dr J

Yes, I use phones. Still no sound, exept from the recording itself. Shouldn’t I be able to hear sound while I’m recording?

from the M-Audio website -

JamLab lets you rock out whenever and wherever your computer is. There’s no need to invest in and mess with an amp or effects pedals. Connection is super simple. Just plug the built-in USB cable into your Mac or PC, fire up GT Player Express, then plug in your guitar and either a set of headphones or your powered monitors or receiver. The headphone jack gives you the privacy to practice, experiment and turn up the heat without anybody else hearing you—day or night. -

so the answer should be yes

Dr J

If you use jamlab and its own software by itself (without recording with n-track) can you hear your guitar?

So is it only me that has this problem in n-track? I hear the guitar sound while recording in GT Express and Audacity, but not in n-track.

Go to prefrences, audio devices, make sure n is checked for rec and playback of the m audio box.

In Settings –> Audio Devices I have tried the following playback and recording devices:

- ASIO4ALL v2
- M-Audio USB ASIO
- WDM: JamLab Out 1/2

So far WDM: JamLab Out 1/2 has worked best, but there is no sound while recording neither when using the asio or WDM devices.

Found it out! :D

In Settings --> Preferences –> Options I had to check the box in front of Auto add tracks when live button is pressed.

This solved the problem, and I now have Live input sound. :p

cool, rock on!

wombat…i would just like to add here that it is nice when someone comes back to say they have figured out their problem…

thanx
cliff
:cool:

(Wombat @ Jul. 17 2007,16:49)
Hi

I have purchased n-track and have found it quite useful. However, I have one problem: I cannot hear the guitar sound when recording. The sound appears correctly when playing it afterwards though. I press the Live button, but still no sound. I play trough an M-audio JamLab soundcard.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Wombat

Good thtread,

I just loaded my N-Track and also had problems being able to hear myself at input and having to wait for the slight delay so lucky I found this Forum.

lets hope I to can enjoy my new system.

Budgie :O