Cannot Install or Uninstall new version

When I was upgrading N-Track studio to 6.02 I got the “blue screen of death” and had to restart. When I try again to upgrade to 6.02 it tells me it’s going to uninstall the previous version and I click OK. It then errors out and says it cannot uninstall. I try to manually uninstall N-Track from Add/Remove programs, but it tells me it cannot find the installation source. I cannot install or uninstall the program now and cannot use it. I went through my registry and erased the n-track files that it could find, but N-Track still appears in my add/remove programs list and I still cannot install the new version. Anyone have any idea what I can do to get it up and running again?? Thanks in advance for any help.

You might try downloading and running CCleaner LINK

It should get rid of any orphaned registry entries for you. Then try installing again. Goofy stuff like that is why I hate the Windows registry… :disagree:

D

Yep - been a while since I’ve seen a blue screen - better clean 'er up and retry.

you could have a virus - the VIRUT virus affects the installing of N - CLEANSLATE is a good uninstaller -

M.R.