Car club

Buick Club Nationals are this week/weekend in Flint, if anyone is in the neighborhood.
http://www.buickclub.org/
:agree:

Car club, that’s what I really need!
:)

No matter how often you swear at that mechanical abortion taking up space in your drive, it makes no matter.

Kicking it, slamming the hood, slamming the hood then kicking it; nothing seems to work.

But a good, heavy duty, ‘meant for business’ club, now, that would really do the trick!

:whistle:

God bless GM and all who sail in her. ???

…and remember that, “bass parts out of the mix should sound like someone working on a buick.”

(Trivia: Anyone remember who said that?)

not a clue, phoo

I have heard a few.

Quote: (phoo @ Jul. 16 2008, 10:00 PM)

"bass parts out of the mix should sound like someone working on a buick."

(Trivia: Anyone remember who said that?)

Mac said that but he was quoting someone else, mebbe some Stax or Motown producer?

I dunno who said it, I just want to know - is that “dissing” a Buick?

Bruce Richardson of Chuck Rainey?
http://www.prorec.com/Article…ss.aspx

Actually, Terje had the most correct answer, relative to the forum. It was Mac, and he was quoting someone that he said was a friend of his, which could very well be Bruce Richardson. (Mac has been around)

Tom, looks like you found the actual quote! COOL! I had no idea it would be out there somewhere.

Quote:

Good bass players’ tracks always sound noisy when soloed. Chuck Rainey’s tracks sound like someone’s working on a Buick in the background. But plug it into the mix, and the magic is there.
Quote:

(Mac has been around)

Heh. I loved that story of his where Alice Cooper took Mac and pals money on the golf course. Nobody had a clue that Al was a scratch golfer and they threw down some hefty bets. Al smoked 'em... :laugh:

D

EDIT: I guess this is relevant? Car club... golf club...
Quote: (Diogenes @ Jul. 17 2008, 9:44 AM)

Quote:

(Mac has been around)

Heh. I loved that story of his where Alice Cooper took Mac and pals money on the golf course. Nobody had a clue that Al was a scratch golfer and they threw down some hefty bets. Al smoked 'em...

Yeah well, Mac always did remind me of my Irish Grandfather who never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.
Quote: (BillClarke @ Jul. 17 2008, 10:09 AM)

...my Irish Grandfather who never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

That's fine by me as long as the story's good

I googled the Buick phrase as I remembered it & also found Tom's link, only I was thinking backyard instead of background.
Why do I only remember the really important stuff?
:whistle:

Hu Hu…there’s a car in there named “Bubba”

Well, any of you jokers coming? :)

Don’t think I’ll be able to make it Tom.

I have my “Michael Moore is Fat” t-shirt on today. Best I can do for ya.

Hm. He is a tad overweight. Maybe it’s his big heart. :agree: Next time you are in the area, I hereby offer you free lodging at the fine TomSInn, all the Guiness you can handle, and a tour of the incredibly interesting town of Flint, the mighty high highs and the very low lows included. In terms of significant American history, we’ve got as much of it as anyone, and more than most. :)

I for one herewith accept.