CD Cases

Printing on, etc

So folks, what do you do for cases for short CD runs (eg 50)?

I can print on the CDs - easy, and I’ve been using jewel cases to put them in. I have templates for the various case inserts and when printed on semi-glossy paper they look pretty convincing.

But they are a pain in the backside to do. Printing - two sided, slicing with a guillotine, folding, tweaking, dismantling the case and putting it all together. Takes ages for each CD.

Anyone got any better ideas? Maybe cardboard sleeves that can be printed on. Templates?

Anything else?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark:

I’m looking at some PVC Sleeves that I get from the Dollar Store…
They are Chateau (Brand) name # CDS-48
they come 24 to a package
I don’t know if they can be printed on…
???
Might check them out…
They are flexible…
Maybe, you’ve seen them…

Imagine a “Gig Bag” for a Guitar or Bass…

You might consider printing up a folding sleeve that can be slipped into the PVC Sleeve, along with the CD…

Just an idea…

Bill…

Quote: (Mark A @ Jul. 19 2011, 2:46 AM)

So folks,
what do you do for cases for short CD runs (eg 50)?

I can print on the CDs - easy, and I've been using jewel cases to put them in.
I have templates for the various case inserts and when printed on semi-glossy paper they look pretty convincing.

But they are a pain in the backside to do.
Printing - two sided, slicing with a guillotine, folding, tweaking, dismantling the case and putting it all together.
Takes ages for each CD.

Anyone got any better ideas?
Maybe cardboard sleeves that can be printed on. Templates?

Anything else?

Cheers

Mark

AVERY Design Pro has some cheap software that you can buy with their pre-scored CD insert paper. Its not bad but still I go thru the same process as u to get the nice glossy look :) It was ok until I needed 50 copies ???

Make the kids do it. Call it “craft time.”

Ha, ha, Tom. :D

I’ve seen some cardboard sleeves like those that that you are talking about Bill. I tried one in my printer but it was too thick. I thought about dismantling one and trying to print on it, or making a template from it, but I suspect the cutting/folding/gluing/etc would be just a painful as the jewel case inserts.

Ian, thanks, I looked at Avery (etc) labels and “blanks” - I guess I hoping to find something to beat my jewel case inserts - it’s just the process of printing/cutting/etc that’s a pain.

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

Avery for the win. They are scored very finely, so no cutting required.