Changing Bit Rate

How do i change the bit rate in ntrack?

Bones

Ctrl + P will bring up “Preferences”. Recording options tab should be the first thing you see. Be aware though that some soundcard drivers have a separate setting for SAMPLE rate. You should set it there first. If they don’t match… at best, n will warn you and attempt to match the sample rate. At worst, your Magnum Opus will sound like The Chipmunks Christmas! :D

BTW, the proper terminology is BIT DEPTH/SAMPLE RATE. Standard CD audio is 16/44.1 which is a BIT DEPTH of 16 bits at a SAMPLING RATE of 44.1 Khz. :)

TG

The bit rate is the way digital studios charge by the bit. That’s why people who record in 24 bit charge more than 16 bit, and people who record in 32 bit float charge even more. :D

bit depth :O

seriously, studios do that? so… what’s the going cost per bit these days??? :;):

Hmm… I was gonna say: of course there is a bitrate setting too. For the optional .mp3 export.
But in fact there isn’t.
Or I couldn’t find it right off at least…

mp3, wma etc… are formats usually destined for streaming media playback. In those cases “BIT RATE” does indeed apply. The higher the encoded bit rate, the better the audio quality. Of course, the file size is much larger as well.

Eh, Po-TAY-to… Po-TAH-to… no big deal… :)

TG

Quote (gtr4him @ Nov. 09 2005,09:16)
mp3, wma etc... are formats usually destined for streaming media playback. In those cases "BIT RATE" does indeed apply. The higher the encoded bit rate, the better the audio quality. Of course, the file size is much larger as well.

Eh, Po-TAY-to... Po-TAH-to... no big deal... :)

TG

I say Poh-Tay-Toe, you say Poe-Teh-Tow...

Powe-Tai-Tow,
Poe-Tae-Toa,
Pau-Tay-Toh,
Po-Tey-Taux,
Let's call the whole thing off! :laugh:

I say Tom -ay -toe
You say Tom -ahh - toe…

NOOOO. Somebody stop me.

Quick someone talk about recording.

Anyone ever recorded that song?

Umm… I say we call the whole thing off.

Seriously.

You say potato. I say tomato…

<!–QuoteBegin>

You say potato. I say tomato…

You say center, I say centre

You say favorite, I say favourite

You say sidewalk, I say pavement

You say trunk, I say boot

It’s amazing that we understand each other at all.

(Is it me or is the forum getting nicely high spirited at the moment? Perhaps it’s the thought of Christmas)

hah, who’s thinking about christmas in november… besides retailers…

“You say, ‘Potato.’ I say, 'No thanks, I’ll have the fish.”
-Christal Bernard
"Helen"
Wings

Now, lets call the whole thing off.

No, seriously.