changing preferences...

hi.

you know how in ntrack 5 the screen display always follows the cursor during playback…even if you drag the horizontal scroll bar to view a different segment of the sng - the display will snap back to the current cursor position as soon as you let go of the scroll bar???

the old ntrack didn’t do that. i was able to work on a sng segment while playing back another part entirely.

do you know if i can change this setting somewhere? i didn’t spot it in “preferences”.

also i liked the way that the old ntrack used a “move tool” that you could select instead of just having the little mover crosshairs down in the lower left corner of the wav file display.

any way to change that?

thanks,
bud

I recognize the “Pain/Delima”… Anywhere I’ve looked hasn’t un-covered a preference/alturnitive/setting for that…

I can only think that Flavio has opted from that idea to fix some other related timeline operation/issue… Whatever that could be…

For me… IT means giving-or-trading that idea away/up… Unless… it’s a “Bug”…

Bill…

I have found that control-click still works for dragging wav files - although I like the little handle, and will use it if it is in the screen view at the time I need it.

'til next time;
TW

Quote (skyrider @ April 21 2007,00:42)
you know how in ntrack 5 the screen display always follows the cursor during playback…even if you drag the horizontal scroll bar to view a different segment of the sng - the display will snap back to the current cursor position as soon as you let go of the scroll bar???

the old ntrack didn’t do that. i was able to work on a sng segment while playing back another part entirely.

You can disable auto scrolling with the “Transport/Auto scroll timeline” menu command (Ctrl+T).

Flavio.

great!

thanks for replying Flavio and others.