Cheap mics again

at MCM

So MCM is still trying to unload the thousands of AT “bite” mics they picked up, and have tham for 8.95 US dollars again. For really cheapass…uh, I mean parsimonious people like me these are a pretty good substitute for an sm57.

Item 58-8795, and you’ll need the catalog source code too, which i can pm to anyone who wants it, if anyone does. :)

yeah, pm it to me again. I tried last time, but needed a UPS or fedx number or some crap. Finally got that sorted, and the sale had run out…

OK, I’ll pm it this afternoon. :)

Hey Tom,

I used to get those MCM flyers and catalogs in the mail. I wonder what I to get booted off the mailing list? Anyway, I’ll check the website. Thanks for the tip!

TG

EDIT** Found 'em. $12.95 Qty 1-3. $9.95 for 4 or more. How are these for handling noise? We can always use extra mics at church…

What is their web address? I tried www.mcm.com, but that didn’t work.

Quote (vanclan @ Jan. 27 2005,11:57)
What is their web address? I tried www.mcm.com, but that didn't work.

Try HERE.

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ Jan. 27 2005,10:44)
Hey Tom,

I used to get those MCM flyers and catalogs in the mail. I wonder what I to get booted off the mailing list? Anyway, I'll check the website. Thanks for the tip!

TG

EDIT** Found 'em. $12.95 Qty 1-3. $9.95 for 4 or more. How are these for handling noise? We can always use extra mics at church...........

They are 8.95 if you have the catalog source code. Which I have. :)

They are great 9 dollar mics. They are OK 50 dollar mics. There were two, the bark (a vocal mic ) and the bite (an instrument mic - lacking the pop screen). They were sort of intended as cheaper 57/58 alternatives, and are a bit crisper sounding than the shures. Handling noise is about the same.

Thanks mun