Cheap strings

in the US and Canada?

Hey folks,

Do you US and Canada dwelling folks know anywhere to buy cheap guitar and bass strings?

Strings are expensive here, and my experiences of buying on ebay from China or Hong Kong have had only 50% success (two out of four times the items didn’t arrive).

Looking for budget strings for bass and electric. A few sets of each depending on price.

Cheers

I used to get mine from WebStrings.com
They get really cheap and had free shipping if you buy a bunch.
When I was playing out alot I changed strings on 4 guitars at least once a week, sometimes twice a week if I had a particularly sweaty show.
If I remember correctly at that time I was getting them for just under $2 a set delivered.

Duff

Bulk is key.

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 26 2011, 5:00 PM)

Bulk is key.

ME..
If I get dirty fingers and hands when I play my instrument and they just wouldn't go-in-tune,
I take them off and boil them for twenty minutes..

Then I save the stock for making soup..

Bill..
Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 27 2011, 2:19 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 26 2011, 5:00 PM)

Bulk is key.

ME..
If I get dirty fingers and hands when I play my instrument and they just wouldn't go-in-tune,
I take them off and boil them for twenty minutes..

Then I save the stock for making soup..

Bill..

LOL, done that once or twice Bill... (the boiling thing, not the soup thing)

Thanks for the reply's guys. Webstrings looks like it could fit the bill... and certainly cheap enough to have a punt, at least on the electric strings. (The bass strings don't seem all that cheap. I ordered 3 sets of bass strings from Hong Kong for $15 inc postage but they have not turned up after 5 weeks. Bleugh....).

Some of the guys around here get stuck on whatever is a good price for a set of strings…
A couple of brands that I remember seeing is, Ernie Ball and GHS, whatever that gauge set(s) are… Even some the Bass Players are known to use those brands around here
The guys would put in an order to get them by the carton…
They come in 10 sets to a carton…
The guys would order in 10-or-20 cartons, per order…
I guess, when you order in that quantity, a set of strings costs a couple of bucks…

Dale, the guy I set the Bias on his Fender Twin Amp, he changes strings before every job, he plays…
Yea don’t see any scuzz-or-crap on the neck of his guitar…

Bill…

edit… I guess I should get busy and go to the salt mine before I have to report in late…