Check out this epiphone guitar

US shape might be fun to own!!

Came across this in another forum. Just thought it was interesting.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product…=361116

Dave T2

Heh. That’s pretty neat. It’d be better if painted with a US flag motif. The only bad part is when the big one hits and California slides off into the Pacific, you’ll lose a tone control! :D

D

Yeah, and maybe they could stick a spitoon on the side of it… Sheesh. That is almost as dorky as the Dale Sr. Les Paul Gibson put out with lug nut knobs 5 or so years ago.

Quote (Bubbagump @ May 05 2006,11:36)
Yeah, and maybe they could stick a spitoon on the side of it… Sheesh. That is almost as dorky as the Dale Sr. Les Paul Gibson put out with lug nut knobs 5 or so years ago.

LOL! Heh! I didn’t see that one… I’m glad.

Being Gibson, I bet they wanted 15,000 smackers for it too… what a waste.

D

It was about $5k. We sold the one we got in in our store in two days. Amazing what people will buy. Here’s a link to see the Dale guitar in all its glory.

EDIT: Oooo, this guy has all 3 Dale Sr guitars for $12,000. His ad reminded me, not only did they have lug nut knobs… but they came with a seat belt for a guitar strap.

EBay Link

ugleeeeeee!

you take that thing on stage and Florida is the first to go rapidly followed by New England. Then all the Hawaiians and Alaskans in the audience start giving you a hard time. Wouldn’t it be better to use some atom bombs and reshape the real US into a Telecaster? :)

'K trivia buffs, this is not a new design. On Raging Slab’s (think Metallica meets Skynyrd) Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert (American, 1993) their brilliant slide guitarist Elyse Steinman is pictured with a thing looking like that. It’s almost bigger than her :)
May be even older for all I know…

Yeak…Teryeah’s got it right. Gibson made a few of those in the early 1980’s. I haven’t seen a real on in a LONG time.

[EDIT]WOW…just found this link on Gisson’s site. http://www.gibson.com/absolut…oneid=6. Looks like I was right with my (very lucky) guess as early 80’s. This press release is December, 2004.[/EDIT]