Christine Sixteen

a KISS classic

I did a cover of this KISS song from 1978. No, I didn’t do the original solo, made up my own on the spot. Trivia info for you on this song… Gene Simmons had recently “discovered” Van Halen in California, and paid for the demo that got them their Record Contract. He also had Eddie and Alex Van Halen play on a few demos of his own, including this song. When he played it for the rest of KISS, Ace Frehley chose to just do the same guitar solo that Eddie Van Halen had laid down for the solo. Even though I chose to create a new solo for this song, you still hear EVH’s influences on it, 32 years after the original recording…

-Danny

Danny Milligan - Christine Sixteen

:laugh:

Hi dannyraymilligan:
Are you aware (I know you are), Gene Simmons is in his early-to-mid '60’s these days… ???? He and the early model Twiggy, is that her model name, ? have been a couple for some 20-or-more years ???? The CBC and the late night Talk Show has interviewed them just Friday night… Anyway, Trivia…

Bill…

Those guitar tracks are pretty well recorded for the material you do… :agree: :)

lol, Bill, yeah, I know Gene’s getting up there in years now, and it shows, even with the make-up on, but the Playboy model he’s been with for the last 20 years was Shannon Tweed, not Twiggy (although they look very similar, lol!)

Well, you have the guitar sound down dead!

lol, thank you Tom

Hi dannyraymilligan:

You are right…
Shannon Tweed…
What a great Couple they make…
They both have been interviewed a few times on the CBC Late Talk Show…
I believe they are Common Law, together…
for some 20+ years now…
In front of the camera and their fans they show themselves very well, together…

Gene is one of the greatest business men in entertainment…

Bill…