Class action for Creative Labs customers

http://www.audiocardsettlement.com/form.asp

i purchased an audigy 2 nx (USB device) in hopes that i would be able to use the card at 24/96… ntrack seems to allow me to use it in that mode, but adobe audition doesn’t even recognize it as a 24 bit card… i’ve wondered about this oddity ever since installing audition…

i’m still in the learning process with the devices involved with recording and what not… can someone point me to some tools that will allow me to test the true capabilities of sound devices?.. someone here suggested that creative cards always sample internally at 48k, which would entirely defeat the purpose of me purchasing the card…

the class action mentioned above doesn’t really help me at all because i seriously doubt that i will purchase any other creative card that suffers the same sampling and resolution issue… seems that my $120 “investment” has turned out to be quite the lemon…

i purchased the card back in november, and now am wondering if any request for refund will just be met with a sound “no” due to the amount of time passed… if anyone has advice to offer, that would be great… well, advice beyond “don’t buy creative cards”…

thanks, guys!
isaac

From memory the problem was that they could playback 24/96 wav files but couldn’t record at that rate…
This is fine for gamers who are only concerned with the playback capabilities. Not good for recording.

When you recor in n-track does it actually produce a 24/96 wav file?

If you have DbPoweramp it should tell you what format the wav is if you mouseover in Explorer.
Or load it into winamp or something and it should tell you the bit depth and sample rate.

Rich

One major problem of the original Audigy was that it would record at 24 bits, but the files it produced contained 16 bit data padded with 8 bits of zeros to fill up the full 24 bits. I don’t remember if the SB Live would handle 24 bits this way…it’s so long ago and then the Audigy 2 came out (might do the same thing for all I know). I wouldn’t put it past Creative to do that with the newer cards. File format is one thing. The data tha’s in it is a another.