clearing groups

I’m the poor sucka that started this thread. Emailed Flavio and he said the behavior was by design. I emailed him back, asking how that could be but he ignored my reply. Oh well, maybe he reads the forums.

Rick

<!–QuoteBegin>

Emailed Flavio and he said the behavior was by design.

That’s interesting. Either we don’t understand why this is by design or we’ve not managed to communicate the issue to Flavio sufficiently.

I’ve not seen this problem myself, but maybe I’m just lucky. I might have a little play if I get time to see if I can see what’s going on.

Mark

To get you started, try opening this one:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7392434/ghostgroups.sng.html
On my system and v4.1 this file has 1 blank audio track, 1 blank MIDI track and 15 undeletable (and unassignable) group channels.
If you can find a way to get rid of these, please let us know!

I’m guessing that it would be “by design” to not let you delete group channels that are really VSTi output channels. This would prevent the user from deleting them by accident. However, when the VSTi goes away the output channels should too. For me at least, this has only been an issue with upgrading NTrack. In most cases I was able to work around it, in the extreme cases I will probably need to rebuild the project from the raw Wav/MIDI files.

Has anyone encountered this NOT as a result of an upgrade, perhaps by adding and removing a VSTi?

<!–QuoteBegin>

To get you started, try opening this one:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7392434/ghostgroups.sng.html
On my system and v4.1 this file has 1 blank audio track, 1 blank MIDI track and 15 undeletable (and unassignable) group channels.
If you can find a way to get rid of these, please let us know!

Ahhh. I see. I guess I’ll have to re-read the whole thread and then try to see if I can get the same result.

Mark

<!–QuoteBegin>

Has anyone encountered this NOT as a result of an upgrade, perhaps by adding and removing a VSTi?

Yes. Mine happened by Jamstix locking up suddenly - several times in several songs. Also, 8-12 more groups got added on their own.

It is not happening with v4.05. JS still locks up, but I can at least delete the channels, and only the one’s JS creates (4).

Rick

bumping this thread up cuz now the same thing has happened in v4.05!

Maybe by chance, Flavio if you read the forums you can help, since you didn’t reply to my email reply about the problem earlier on and there are others having the same or similar problem. (hanje)

All I did was delete the jamstix effect and I can’t delete the groups created by JS. It bombs out with the infamous “n-track has encountered a problem, blah blah blah…” error crash).
That’s after I right click on one of the JS groups to try and remove it.

Also, now the freakin’ song won’t play!!! Same crash error
I’ve got to take all of the parts now and import them into a new songfile-lining them all up precisely in their spots.