click track

click track

also, can someone tell me how to record a click track? I can hear a click track through the speaker output on my computer but I would rather have a click track recorded. Do I have to use a drum midi track for a click track? Or is it built-in to N-track?

Troy

Quote (doghouseman @ June 04 2006,07:31)
also, can someone tell me how to record a click track? I can hear a click track through the speaker output on my computer but I would rather have a click track recorded. Do I have to use a drum midi track for a click track? Or is it built-in to N-track?

Troy

There are several ways. I prefer using a midi click and then turning it into an audio wave. With a midi click I can reuse it in all my projects. Simply reset the tempo.

One way is to go into the metronome and set the output to midi. Create a midi track and setup your input and output. Set the channel to 10 and hit record. This will give you a midi click track.

Another way is to open a blank midi track. Set it up in/out and channel to 10. Open Piano roll and add your beats. I make 'em this way so I can choose different drum or cymbal sounds. You can adjust the velocity here so that the 1 beat is strong (or any other beat). Make several measures and close the piano roll. Then just copy/paste to the end of the song.

You can steal one from a midi that has the 8 count at the beginning. There are alot of these on the net. Just delete everything else and copy/paste like above.

You only need to do this once. Then just reuse it.

HTH

KingFish

Whoa there, Kingfish. The method to render a click track to wave (which is the question) depends on the type of soundcard and MIDI device being used.

What’s your soundcard?

What MIDI device are you using?

We can’t help much until you answer those questions, other than by writing instructions for about three different scenarios.

Quote (learjeff @ June 05 2006,03:52)
Whoa there, Kingfish. The method to render a click track to wave (which is the question) depends on the type of soundcard and MIDI device being used.

What's your soundcard?

What MIDI device are you using?

We can't help much until you answer those questions, other than by writing instructions for about three different scenarios.

My intention was to bump this fellas question to the top. I realized what he was asking but chose to just describe a couple ways of making it in midi. :)

KF