Clicking

Clicking from cut and paste.

How do you get rid of the click from a cut and paste? Or can it be done? IM

this might be your problem:

in the edit menu, choose “snap to zero”. with this checked, n-track will ensure that your selections always start and end at a zero crossing (where the waveform meets the center). when you paste a segment that starts and ends at a zero crossing, you shouldn’t hear that “click”.

Even with “zero crossing” enabled I still find that sometimes I need to zoom right in (right in) and put a tiny volume evolution over the transition.

Then make sure the “move evolutions with wav” option (or whatever it’s called) is on, otherwise if you move the wav all your hard work is undone!

Mark

Try the crossfade - butt the two files together, highlight a section that includes the two and hit crossfade.

Hi Guys:
When I’ve done “Cut-and-Pastes” here and I’ve Slid pieces of tracks One-way-or-Another and slide pieces of tracks together, I have seen a little BULE circle, with an “H” in it. If I slide the parts closer I may hear a Click on that track. If I don’t see the circle I may-or-may not get an audible click in that track/tracks.

I do this edit on a regular basis around here. Cause I find my Bass and Kick HITS don’t line up, cause my Bass Playing isn’t as good as it once was… ??? :p and if my Bass and Kick track edits had any “Clicks” in them, I wouldn’t tolerate that, either…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

I do this edit on a regular basis around here. Cause I find my Bass and Kick HITS don’t line up, cause my Bass Playing isn’t as good as it once was… and if my Bass and Kick track edits had any “Clicks” in them, I wouldn’t tolerate that, either…

Hey Bill, I know what you mean, but do you think we’ve all just become super-sensitive to timing issues and are in a fix-it-because-I-can mentality.

Recently I’ve been listening to several old ‘proper’ recordings from big name bands and I’ve noticed (albeit slight) timing issues that I’d never noticed before.

£0.04

Mark

Hi Mark A and Guys:
I’m mulling your reply over and I hear exactly what you say… We have all the Toys nessessary to complete a “Stellar” audio production… yet we Stretch our technical Prowess, to the limits, in our quest for what we think we are able to accomplish… 20 years ago, if we had a “Clean” piece of tape to run our tracks on we’d be so happy to hit the Record Button and Have-at-It…

A year or so ago, there was another Audio Board that had a thread going that a “MixerMan” ran on Tracking a BAD ROCK BAND… It doesn’t matter. The Task-at-Hand was, to EDIT the Kick and Bass so they played together… It may still be running over there… But, my playing reminds me so much of the work he was faced with, to make the BEDS play on the tracks he recorded with these guys…

Hey… I wish I was 23 again… I would have worked a whole lot harder at my Disipline-of-Playing with all the BED guys that I played Live-on-Stage with, way back when… It takes EYE Contact and Feel, to play with your Buddies, to make good BED Tracks… Well, that’s what I remember, anyway…

Bill…

<!–QuoteBegin>

It takes EYE Contact and Feel, to play with your Buddies, to make good BED Tracks… Well, that’s what I remember, anyway…

Oh, yes. That’s why recording one track at a time can be tricky… to get the feel, the energy and the timing right.

Mark

Hey Indigo !

I’m just gonna be silly here so don’t expect profound insight from me (this time).

I bet it’s the man with the 6 fingers that causing that…

(Your name is from the movie right ? - I am Indigo Montoya, and you keeled my farther. Preparre to die)

Loved that movie.

W.

P.S. I’ve just been thinking - If your name really is Indigo Montoya then I really am sorry to have made fun on your thread