clicks and tics

So fustrated

So when I play live or playback midi tacks wether they are sound fonts or synths theres tics and click here and there in the track I dont know what to do Please help.

Bones

This sounds like a buffering problem to me, but I’m not sure. (Perhaps someone else could confirm?) What you might want to do is adjust your buffer settings and see if it helps. How many vstis are you trying to play at once? Does it click/pop even with just one track/vsti with no effects, etc.?

fish

i am wondering if it is clipping. do you use your vu meters when recording?

Thanx guys,It dose sound a little like clipping but its not im well under that level. I will give the buffer settings a little tweeking
and see what happens but my pc is brand new it should be able to handle the default settings, or not?

Thanx Bones

Just because it new does not nessessarily mean it is able to handle the settings. It all depends on the hardware. I had a similar problem before, but it has been forever since then. I am not sure, but expanding the buffers is the first thing I would check.

fish

You were right it was a buffer problem,the soundblaster in my pc just couldnt cut it so got my trusty delta 44 out and with a little tweeking its running like a champ…woohooo…

Thanx Bones