Clipping in two different installs of n-Track

I sent woxnerw some wavs of my last song and on my install of n there is no clipping - even on a ‘scan for clipping’ there is none.

On his machine and n install there is clipping all over the place.

Any theories?

Post the links if you want Bill.

is the clipping showing on the output VU meter - or from his speakers - powered speakers can clip if the input to them is to high - have two sets of powered speakers that POP very loud if i turn the input to them up to high - could be that Bill is outputting the audio through his new rig then on to speakers -

M.R.

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 09 2009, 10:08 PM)

I sent woxnerw some wavs of my last song and on my install of n there is no clipping - even on a 'scan for clipping' there is none.

On his machine and n install there is clipping all over the place.

Any theories?

Post the links if you want Bill.

Isn't the limit settable in n-Track's metering options? Is this just visible red 'tick marks' or actual audible clipping? Both?

Maybe Bill's metering is set different from yours Poppa?

D

I think Bill’s settings are not the same as mine - my email has been goofy and I’m not getting some of the screen shots he’s sent.
I mixed with a dither and brickwall set to -0 and my scan shows no clipping and I don’t see any red timeline markers for clipping nor do I hear any clipping.

He did send me a better mix though!
:agree:

I’m gonna FORCE him to use that new machine! :laugh:

I think the problem is that n shows 0 levels as a clip.

I’ll post this if anyone wants the rar file of wavs to check. I Wish She Didn’t Love You tracks

Is it okay if I grab 'em to mess around with? I don’t have n installed but I’d like to muck about with them if it’s okay?

I’ve actually started the download but if yun’s say “HAND’S OFF REAP-HEAD!!” I WILL honor your wishes sir.

D

no problem D - you don’t have to ask… I’m a huge Reaper fan anyway - you know that. I do all my finals from wav to mp3 in Reaper. I love psycho dither and trannykiller. :laugh:

No clippin’ Poppa… Don’t know what’s up wif dat.

D

I posted all of the files leading up to a two-track render of the two files Poppa Willis sent over to me…
I’ve been uploading on-and-off sense 11am here today…
I have print screens .sng files and .npk files of each step in the process leading up to the two-track render I ended up with using n-Track v6.0.3 build 2461…
I managed 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours…
It looks like another late night here again…
SO…
maybe 12 hours in the last 72…

I have several links to the original files that Poppa link’d me to the other day…
of his latest creation…
We ended up nicknaming the project WishShe…
for short…
It keeps the file nameing short…

I might add…
I used a VST plug on the Vocal track…
and nearing the end of the project rendering, I used Har-Bal Analizer near the end of the project…

Poppa
has a Band Track …
and…
a Vocal Track…
SO…
yea can’t play with the mix…
As Well…
the files are 24-bit res…
@ 44.1khz rate…

As well…
I posted a Common Thread song ro use as Reference Material
againts the render’d files…

With Poppa’s permission…
of course, I will post links to thew files and print screens and all…

I have no idea as to why the original files repro’s at the level they do on n-Track’s timeline…
if they play on another Editor’s timeline differentlly than on n-Track…
I’m still working on them…
I need to import the original files into GoldWave and repeat the same render’s
using that Editor…

Well…
We’ll see…

This is the only plug I used during the project…
I am unable to find the HomePage Address to link to the plug… They make a series of plugs that seem to work quite well for the kind of work we do around the community we are connected with…
Here’s a printscreen showing the plug…
Maybe, a Google could find the HomePage…
???
???

I saved the settings I used on the Vocal track…
I think that file is posted in one of the folders that are up there…
and…
for anyone using Har-Bal I have the .anl file saved up there…
as well…

Repetability, in levels is of Prime Importance when using multi-editors during the course of completing a Mix Session when working on a Project…
OR…
knowing how to combinsate for Level Differences… That goes without saying with any Editor used during the rendering of a project…
while not picking on any one Editor…

It might be wise to let Poppa Willis decide what-if-any of my discoveries he’d like to make available…
I have close to 1 Gig of files posted up there…
Maybe, they should be kept to compare with the findings of anyone else who might be interested in the technical part of levels between Editors…
Well…

I need to sit-and-think a while about these findings… and…
I need to pay attention to how-and-why the renders of one Editor behaves when importated into n-Track…
and visa-versa…
is that a correct approach. ????

My first thoughts are…
It’s not a Hardware issue… Internally-or-Externally in the Box…

Having said that…
It can then only be a Software Issue…
If it is…
That’s no big deal…
It means having the ability to adjust-and-combinsate for levels…

More on this …

Bill…

p.s.
I found the link to the plugs…
http://www.modernplugins.in-tw.com/

however, I am unable to get it to open here, tonight…
Maybe, someone can help with an updated address…

Is this the link ?
Antress.

Didn’t think my tune would cause you to loose sleep and write a novel!

Play with it all you want - if you want individual tracks with no effects, and plan to live without sleep - I can rack 'em and pack 'em for ya!

Just say the word.
:agree:

Interesting mixing technique - having a reference track right in the song file. You’re smarter than you look! :laugh:

Yes Sir:
That’s the first time I used that Spacer Plug… I have to play with plugs for some time till I get comfortable with it’s behaviours… I didn’t twittle the knobs ewnough to say I recognize it’s limits… There is some “WeT” that went on your track… The printscreen of the Two Track as it’s up on the storage site and the mp3 file that ended up over on your iphone has more Har-Bal processing of the Lower-Hi-End than anything else…

I really need how to figure out how to provide permissions to allow you to browse those files that are up on the storage site… I fact, I’m gonna go there now before I turn in… and have a peek to see how… I’ll write you some mail to see if that has changed so as you can browse them… Let me know… I’ll see it in the morning…

Bill…

Night Bill - that mix I got on my phone had the most subtle round high end on it. Very nice!

So when you gonna get a major label artist to cut this thing? :laugh:

Since you are new to all this high speed file transfer stuff, maybe one of the forum members can line you out on using MediaFire. I have an account but never use it.

I’m still here…
I think I got the links sorted out…
It should be in your yahoo mail
as I type this reply…
I love no sleep…
It keeps me from laying too hard on the peddle when I get behind the wheel in the mornings…
We hit the coffee shop between the morning runs…
All the mounties come in after us for their break…
All they doo is…
Shake their heads at me if they see me out there…
lol…
The first thing they say…
is…
How’m I do’in this mornin…
????

I tell them I’m doin O.K.
I think…
I’m not a fast driver…
Well…
Yea can’t make any time unless ya put your foot in the bucket…
:p
:laugh:
:)

Bill…

p.s. I’m gonna need to take a trip into tunetown and do some door knock’in… I’ll have to look into lining up a loan for some fuel for the jet…

Got 'em Bill -
GO
TO
BED.

I’m working on this LAN issue…
YeT…

I don’t have all the files posted to the storage site…

I discovered that this Free Version of MediaFire only allows 100 meg, of files per folder…
SO…
to get around this issue, I think I need to create Folder 01 and 02 and… SO-ON,
to get all the files connected to the WishShe Project up there, from this end…

I’ll take stock and post the missing files as soon as I can…

From recall…
I think there are some 700-800 meg’s of files in the folder I have here…

Bill…

If you’re doin’ that for me - no need - I told you to feel free to do whatever Bill.
I’ve already moved onto the next song. As long as I know mine wasn’t clipping I’m cool.
Unless you need to show some discovery or something…

Bill, you are just limited to the individual files uploaded on Mediafire, you can make a folder and load as many files to that folder you want. Each file or files can’t exceed the up-limit.

Hi Yaz and Poppa Willis:

I got busy for the last while…
I have been unable to get back to this and other issues…

Anyway, I’m off next week…
It’s called March Break…
I’m unemployed…
It means that I qualify for employment benefits…
BUT the lag in receiving them could be as long a 2-3 weeks…
I return to work the week-after-next…
I was hoping to have all of the outstanding computer issues resolved…
and get some wiring done in the studio…
Not the case…
And…
the weather is gonna be brutally cold…
so the forecast says…
We’ll see…
The sun is bright and the sky and air is very clear…
BUT…
no heat coming from the sun…
There’s a big blow going on…
A lot of weather going somewhere…
The wind-chill is -20 - -18c…
or zero degrees f…

I have to resolve this LAN issue…
still
NO-Go…
Wired- or-Wireless…
It’s a Permissions Issue…
The browsers work fine on all machines…
I am unable to see Drives, Folders and or Files on all the machines… What-a-Drag…

:p

Yaz:

You are So-Correct… regarding that MediaFire Storage Site

As much as I’m able to tell, the MediaFire Storage site contains all of the files I have here now, on the WishShe Project except ONE File…
AND…
You’re correct Yaz…
There are limitations to the FREE version…
Of course…
they want people to buy the full blown setup…
However, I have more FREE file hosting sites…
I can’t remember who they are…
at the moment…
I am not aware that any of them stand out in the crowd above the other…

On Another Topic…

I purchased two more Seagate 500 Gig, SATA drives to install into the Creation Station machine…
They are the 7200.11 32 meg.cache Hot Swap drives…
OR identical to the drive that came in the machine…

Now, I hear there are issues getting these drives config’d correctly in multiple drive machines…
I believe it has something TO-DO with firmware updates and BIOS config and all…
Way above my built-in knowledge on this stuff…

I think I’ll give Sweetwater Creation Station Support a call, to get their advice, on installing them…
I don’t want to make any Layman Mistakes on getting the drives Up-and-Running…
This will add 1000 megs. of storage space on two separate drives on this machine…

On Yet, Another Topic:

I hear that the I am hearing that the Grand Ole Opry Enterprise has been sold by the Gayloard Production Companies…
in a downsizing effort…
Many of the emploies have been discharged of the employment and and no longer have anything to do with with their years of service to the Opry…

It looks like A-Passing-of-Time as the Opry Fans know it…

Bill…

[EDIT]

Johnie Reid Is coming to town next weekend… He’s a Cannuck Ladd… He’s gonna be playin in one of the Bars I used to spend much of my time around… That song would be right up his alley… I think… Want me to go Pitchin-and-DoorKnockin. ????