clowns

30 clowns jammed in a dresser drawer

the wife thought, with the onset of halloween, that i should post this old song, ‘clowns’. it’s about people’s obsession with clown fear. i never got it, but i wrote this song about it about 3 years ago. it’s not well done, but it’s silly. have fun.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6985099

JDET, that is…well…I’m searching for the right word. I was going to say…nah…that’s not the right word…

Anyway, I’d pay money for it. :agree:

I got two words for it - in genious…

My daughter suffers from clown fear (Coulrophobia) - of course I make it a point to get her some kind of clown twice a year - birthday and Christmas - I’m such a great dad.

that would see to make you the kind of father that lets psychiatrists buy time shares in Fiji. I’m that way too.
yellow hair looks black after sundown.
ah, yes, ‘sundown’. gordon lightfoot’s best song, imo.

Just curiouser here jdet - does that song reflect your thinking coming out of the writing process, or does it evolve as you start recording? Is that the way you heard it when you wrote it I guess is the better question.

That’s a great question, PW. I want to know also.

first of all, thanks for the comments! and the add, tom.

to respond: I do the majority of the arrangements in my head, but leave a little room for spontaneous combustion and frivolity once tracks start getting laid down. So overdub layers come and go, but I’ve probably 85-90% of the track laid out in my head before any zeroes become ones on the computer.

that said, the track i’m working on now, “I’m from another planet,” was only about 50% planned and has taken on life of its own. it, and two other songs, should be done this weekend.

Love it JDET.

Wierd and wonderful, and I do think the White Faced clown is kinda scary! Used to be scared of clowns when I was a kid, now I just think…they’re not funny!

Wouldn’t know how to describe this song, but it’s definitely well-crafted. Might wanna set the speakers out on the front porch Halloween night and let it blast.

Quote:

My daughter suffers from clown fear (Coulrophobia) - of course I make it a point to get her some kind of clown twice a year - birthday and Christmas - I’m such a great dad.

When my daughter would come crying about her latest scratch or scrape, my fatherly response, more times than not, was “Let’s AMPUTATE!”