Colour discrimination

I suppose those of us who are in the middle, or flat don’t care for the RED/BLUE stereotyping should wear PURPLE bracelets??

Hmm…yep. I can see it now. TG’s Purple bracelets with Alfred E. Neumans immortal words emblazoned on them in “Vulcan blood” green…WHAT? ME WORRY?

Eh…No. Bad idea. People would think it was an “I Love Barney” campaign. I’m open for suggestions…

TG

And while you are enlightening Ali on the backward color thing…who picked the Donkey and Elephant mascots? I’m an American and I have no idea what chucklehead came up with that?

TG

Nergle, I’m not sure that this sort of explanation encourages me to accept your etymological derivation of “bastard.” :D

:D :D :D

Ali, you crack me up! Thanks!

TG

That’s history worth remembering. :)

Quote (nergle @ Jan. 15 2005,15:19)
But, why is the USA out of step with the rest of the world re this vitally important topic of colour? :D

Here's a really detailed answer;

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=415905

It seems that the current red/blue system was only adopted around the 2000 elections....

Colors, no different than gangs and drive by shootings, think about it.

Nobody has brought it up yet so here is one man’s take:

Red for the rednecks that have successfully taken over our country, albeit deceptively. Blue for everyone else who is sad that the rednecks have taken over.

:(

:D :D :D
Quote (Takayama @ Jan. 22 2005,03:50)
Nobody has brought it up yet so here is one man's take:

Red for the rednecks that have successfully taken over our country, albeit deceptively. Blue for everyone else who is sad that the rednecks have taken over.

:(

Define "Redneck".

TG

http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/

Quote (nergle @ Jan. 22 2005,14:01)
So what are neck-backs? ???

They are a "rock" band from Canada. :D

TG

PS Thanks phoo, that clears up a lot.

The term “Redneck” has been directed as an insult against Republicans by certain crybaby Democrats because they are still throwing a temper-tantrum because they lost the election. It is exactly the same as a Republican referring to Democrats as “Hippies.”

Quote (nergle @ Jan. 22 2005,14:01)
Or is that wet-necks?

Nope, just remembered, that's illegal Mexican workers. ???

The term your referring to is actually "wetbacks." Be careful in what company you use it though, as hispanic people find the word very offensive.

As for Democrats being "crybabies," let me just say i've never witnessed such a case of sore winneritis as in this election. If Republicans think they can reach their goal of a totalitarian state by namecalling, more power to them. For the time being however, we still live in a Democracy where our citizens can criticize the government however they see fit. Being labeled as "crybabies", "hippies". "commies" or any other label the repulicans can think of will do little to deter us from speaking our minds.