Colour discrimination

Quote (Takayama @ Jan. 23 2005,18:57)
For the time being however, we still live in a Democracy where our citizens can criticize the government however they see fit.

Yes, that is true.

However, it is a real shame that the most vocal Democrats chose to deliver their message in a manner equivalent to a spoiled fourteen-year-old child rebelling against his parents because all his friends were doing it too.

Groupthink.

Yep. Real shame.

And who exactly might these despicable Democrats be there John?

It sounds to me like you’ve bought the right-wing “I’m a victim of liberalism” spiel, or perhaps the I’m a “compassionate conservative” oxymoron.

Just what exactly about Democrat’s don’t you like John - can you come up with something original?

Mr Soul

It sounds to me like he’s bought the “I can think for myself, thank you.” line of reasoning. Nowhere did he mention he does not like Democrats.

TG

EDIT** Sorry for speaking in your stead JP. Might save you wasting your time.

Yeah - you & John don’t support things like:

- DEFEATING TERRORISM
- KEEPING WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION OUT OF THE HANDS OF TERRORISTS
- PROMOTING DEMOCRACY, PEACE, AND SECURITY
- STRENGTHENING OUR MILITARY
- ACHIEVING ENERGY INDEPENDENCE
- STRENGTHENING HOMELAND SECURITY

A STRONG, GROWING ECONOMY
- CREATING GOOD JOBS
- STANDING UP FOR THE GREAT AMERICAN MIDDLE CLASS
- STRONG, HEALTHY FAMILIES
- REFORMING HEALTH CARE
- IMPROVING EDUCATION
- PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT

(Taken from the 2004 Democratic National Platform)

Looks just like the Repub’s platform. What’s the difference? And why do you think anybody wants to piss and moan about either of ‘em here?

Get OVER IT man! There is nothing wrong with me being apolitical. Do you think you are going to “win” me over with any of these rants on here??

And AGAIN, NOWHERE DID JOHN SAY HE DID NOT LIKE DEMOCRATS!! Quit being so freakin’ paranoid! I don’t know of any “Let’s nuke Mike cause he’s a Democrat!” conspiracy. I like Democrats. I like Republicans. Crap, I like everybody! Even you ya’ ornery rascal!

TG

There is nothing wrong with me being apolitical. Do you think you are going to "win" me over with any of these rants on here??
I'm really not trying to "win" anyone over as much as dispell lies, smear & inaccuracies. You guys have a LOT of misconceptions about Democrats. And John did mention Democrat's specifically, so I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about?

The difference in the platforms is in the details but they are real differences.
Quote (John @ Jan. 24 2005,23:04)
Quote (Takayama @ Jan. 23 2005,18:57)
For the time being however, we still live in a Democracy where our citizens can criticize the government however they see fit.

Yes, that is true.

However, it is a real shame that the most vocal Democrats chose to deliver their message in a manner equivalent to a spoiled fourteen-year-old child rebelling against his parents because all his friends were doing it too.

Groupthink.

Yep. Real shame.

I dunno, I's still trying to parse John's comment. :) John, did you mean to say that the most vocal democrats have done this so they are guilty of groupthink? Or that all democrats are guilty of it? Are you only criticizing the most vocal democrats, or all democrats? I hope it's not the latter, because if the rule were that one should take the most vocal part of a group as representative of all in the group, well, think what that would mean for Christians, much less Republicans. :)
Are you only criticizing the most vocal democrats, or all democrats?
Both. He's critizing the most vocal Democrats (for being childish) & he's criticizing the people (like me) who follow the Democrat's (groupthink). I've heard his arguments before so I know. The problem is he's bought into all the right-wing crap, so he views Democrat's based on smear, lies, etc., etc., not on what we really think or believe.
I've heard his arguments before so I know. The problem is he's bought into all the right-wing crap, so he views Democrat's based on smear, lies, etc., etc., not on what we really think or believe.
I've heard his arguments before so I know. The problem is he's bought into all the left-wing crap, so he views Republican's based on smear, lies, etc., etc., not on what we really think or believe.

There is a strong possibility that the “Let’s nuke Mike because he is a Democrat” may be started by the rest of the Democrats since his abrasive rants do the cause more harm than good. :cool:

dave

Hey - I’m abrasive because I’m tired of the lies & smear (plus I just joined the Defeated Democrat’s club :laugh: ). But seriously, I’ve heard John’s spiel before. He uses the the Drudge Report as a main news source - do I need to say anymore?

Shoulda kept my trap shut…sheesh!

TG

I’m a registered Democrat!

There’s one in every crowd eh?:p

Been sick for a few days… Sorry for the delay…

If you will re-read what I said, you will see that the comment is clearly directed at “the most vocal of Democrats” behaving in a particular manner. (it is humorous that the ole toke-meister had a conniption over this comment). The tantrums, rants, and diatribes have done zilch to garner support for the radical-Democrat position. In fact that type of behavior has probably created more new Republicans than ever. Sheesh, even Hillary has wised-up and is playing her politics right up the middle.

-I’m going back to bed.

-John
:cool:

Quote (Mr Soul @ Jan. 25 2005,15:36)
John's spiel before. He uses the the Drudge Report as a main news source - do I need to say anymore?

The words of an obsessive-compulsive with a distorted sense of self-significance and the debating skill of a 12-year-old who spends all of his time cutting and pasting political articles into a music forum never cease to bring a smile to my face.

Did you ever think that maybe you're just directing your energy in the wrong place?

Hey John - I hope you get well quick.

<!–QuoteBegin>

If you will re-read what I said, you will see that the comment is clearly directed at “the most vocal of Democrats” behaving in a particular manner.

And I simply asked you to name these Democrat’s, because I don’t know who you’re talking about. All the Democrat’s that I hear & that are vocal, I like & agree with. If you’re talking about Boxer - thank God she’s asks the tough questions. If you’re talking about Kennedy - thank God’s he’s questioning Bush about this crazy war. If you’re talking about Kerry - he would have made a good President. Even my 12 year son could figure out that Kerry was smarter than Bush when he heard both of them talk during the campaign.

The Drudge comment was a cheap shot (and a joke
:laugh: ) - you know me better than that.
And I simply asked you to name these Democrat's, because I don't know who you're talking about.
It's a bit hard to see yourself without a mirror. It's it? You give a bad name to Democrats.

Name them? Mr Soul, MidnightToker, Mister Charlie, and any number of other names that someone named Mike might have posted under.

The Drudge comment was a cheap shot (and a joke
) - you know me better than that.
You sell yourself short. We know you quite well and we know it was a cheap shot and we know you'll claim it was a joke and we know that you don't know the difference in a true joke and cheap shot. Cheap shots are not meant to be funny but to insult and ridicule, which is your way of showing what? Intelligence?

Mike, you are equally insulting to those on both sides of the political fence and those that try to see it both ways. For that you should feel proud, unless of course you seriously think that the way you present your point of view will really help sway those that don't share your opinion to your way of thinking. Your way of presenting yourself only goes to prove that democrats are idiots. If you don't want to be the poster boy for the republicans democrat bashing mud don't keep playing in the mud puddle.

Blah, blah, blah. Many of the things I say often referenece previous discussions or statements I’ve made. John & I have discussed the Drudge Report before. He may not remember it but I do.

Yes - I insult people on both sides of the political fence. I even insult myself sometimes :laugh:

Mr Soul

PS - Toker is dead - miss him, miss him, miss him

PPS - was John talking about me??? I did miss that.

Quote (gtr4him @ Jan. 25 2005,11:10)
And AGAIN, NOWHERE DID JOHN SAY HE DID NOT LIKE DEMOCRATS!!

He doesn't have to. It's very clear by all of his comments what he thinks of Democrats. It's an unoriginal Republican tactic, namecalling. Somehow they think Democrats' valid arguments can be cancelled out by referring to them as "moaning," "whining" "crybabies", etc. (insert equally elementary term here). "Flip-flop" practically won them the election. I don't understand why everyone is giving Mike such a hard time for simply pointing out the obvious.