Comments Please

A friendly Question

Hi Everyone : )

I have been away from the forum for awhile and I have a question. I have the first edition of 4.0. and I am tempted to upgrade to the latest version because I imagine Flavio has been hard at work fixing bugs. I am getting ready to do alot of recording and would like to get some feedback from the power users who record frequently. How is the latest version with respect to general bugginess ? Things like the explorer errors we were getting and others ? Should I upgrade to the latest version ?
Thanks Everyone for your help, all comments are welcome.

Ted Roberts : )

For me, I think the latest version is probably the best of all the n-Track versions. It’s even outperforming 3.3. The early builds of version 4 were pretty yucky for me, but something happened around the early 1800 builds, and it’s really been getting better and better ever since.

If you’re starting a new project, I’d definitely recommend the latest build.

Be sure to test and tweak it on your setup before starting any real work, though.

1845 has been GREAT for me. I had pretty much same experience with earlier V4 builds as the red-eyed pooch. :)

TG

I’d definitely recommend the latest 4.05 over 4.0 as far as stability goes. Haven’t been seeing much in the way of serious bug complaints here recently, and the builds haven’t been changing as frequently as before, so that’s probably a good sign in general.

Notice that there’s the new .NET 1.1 requirement now, so if you don’t have it installed you’ll need to do that, either through the “big” n-Track download or through Microsoft. There are also some changes in behavior from 4.0, so you may want to take a look through the Change Log since not all of it’s covered in the latest manual.

Yadda yadda…Capt. Obvious, over and out. :)

Tony

Yeah build 1844 has been working great for me.
Haven’t tried build 1845 yet.
Most of the v4.x versions have been fine on my system though.

Some people seem to have been having problems though so as usual the only way to test will be to run it on your hardware and see if it behaves…

Rich

Thank Guys :)

Sounds like good news so far , keep those replies comin everyone.

Ted Roberts

Quote (RichLum @ May 26 2005,19:47)
Some people seem to have been having problems though so as usual the only way to test will be to run it on your hardware and see if it behaves…

And that’s really what it comes down to. In the end, it really doesn’t matter what we say… It’s all about how it works on your system. Try it for yourself, Ted!

4.04 1811 seemed to be pretty highly regarded. (But that was before Flavio became a fisher of men with his NET thingy :) ).

Ali (still clinging to good ole’ 3.3 1516).

Quote (Ali_T @ May 26 2005,22:03)
4.04 1811 seemed to be pretty highly regarded.

Very true. I think the newest builds even blow that away, though.

It got sketchy for a while, but n-Track Studio is definitely my favorite multitracker again.