Concerning Limey

I suggest we ignore the accent and judge Limey’s merit by his words. After all, that’s how we came to know & love our old limey, whom we all miss. Sure, it looks like a conscious but not quite authentic imitation of old limey. Limey, if you really are the old limey, please accept my heartfelt apology. But I think old limey wouldn’t even have answered Ali’s post, he would have been hurt and probably not even posted back. Just my humble opinion, of course.

BTW, I never did see any claim to be the old limey. Did I just miss it? Limey does claim he was “wos born wiv in snd of bow bells”. Well, 'ell’s bells, I don’t care one way or the other!

Let’s just get back to talking about n-Track and recording.

Exactly Right. It’s irrelvent if Limey is limey or not. Limey is as welcome as limey ever was.

That said isn’t not nice to claim to be someone you aren’t, and I also don’t think Limey has done that outright. Don Gaynor asked some pretty pointed questions only the real limey would knopw the answer to and Limey wasn’t able to come up with the info.

Let’s not assume bad things because the there is confusion with the name, though I find it hard to read Limey. It’s interesting that I did not find reading limey hard at all. I don’t know why. I have no complaints though.

We appreciate your posts, Limey, though many of us miss limey very much. That’s why it’s a little unsettling to have someone posting as Limey with an attempt at limey’s accent. Please for give us.

im weally weally sorry mates if no one blves who i is’’’ but i is same ole limey n im sorry yer dont blve it’’’ n last fing i want is upsettin yer blokes’’’ im tryin despertly ta rember all stuff we used ta discuss’’’’ cos ive elped so many blokes oer course o’ me life’’’ ow bout this ‘’ kinda vague but i rember way bak some blokes thoght i wos keith richard which was a larf cos i aint’’’ n i remember ritin bout da pyramid n stuff’’’’ dunno y anybody’d wanna take me name anyways’’’’ i jus been weally busy fer too blinkin long ‘’’’ wait ‘’’ i fink i menshuned water pipes once ‘’’ theres a clue fer ya’’’’ anyways gobsa luv ta ya all mates :D :D

Fundemental differences in spelling and style. Very different.
You need more than the two smileys at the end.
You’ve got something between Elmer Fudd and a (poor) Irish phrase every now and then.

But here you are, so - Welcome whoever.

I’ve just read some of the other posts by this Limey.

Throw in a little ‘pirate speak’ as well.
This comes from so all over the show that you can’t even really tell who you are trying to imitate.

Do us a favour and quit the pyramid thing ?

You also say in one of your posts that you ‘dropped by’ : How convenient that it happened just after a ‘praise and hail to the real Limey’ post. And then (after you just happened to drop by) you make a comment about the nice folks at audiominds that is not as bad as some of us over here thinks…

That argument is a little too far off on the page list to know about it 'just by dropping by’

If you can’t drop the accent, at least drop the impersonating.

But, yeah, you are welcome over here and you will be respected on your posts, just make sure that you know who you really are 1st.

/rant.

Edit : I feel a quote from a song coming up:

I am Limey yes I’m the real limey all you other limey’s are just imatating, so won’t the real Limey please stand up, please stand up, please stand up ?

Wait, he remebers someone thought he was KR. Jeepers, fellers, you are all a suspicious bunch.

Quote (Limey @ Jan. 02 2005,20:49)
im weally weally sorry mates

bingo. thats gives away right there...

ive been on this board for 6 years. i dont think thats the original limey.

Yes, as Phoo says, he failed my authentication challenge flatly! I asked something that only the real Limey would know and he had total brain fade.

However, I welcome him aboard and will treat him with the utmost respect. Although I do find the facade to be offensive to those of us who know and love the REAL Limey.

I also detected some problems with his Limey-speak. The diction is simply not the same.

But, welcome Limey imposter, anywho!

Don

I miss the original limey & I’d like to know if the current one is the “real” limey or not. I’m sorry but it does matter to me where he is an imposter or not. If someone started pretending to be me, which they’ve done, or learjeff or phoo or whomever, it would piss me off.

Mr Soul

There’s just not enough smileys!!!

The truth is, I’m not the same person I was a few years ago either. :)

I see. This is why Ntrack still has lots of problems.

More people are concerned about who is behind the screen name LIMY or some other BS than about real problems.

Just because the graphics problems don’t occur on your computer doesn’t mean they aren’t a real problem for others. Of course when these same people have problems they really mouth off about it. If other people have problems they just blame the user by putting it down to their hardware setup, OS or drivers.

This is whats going to kill Ntrack within the next year or so, unfortunately. These greedy selfish people waste Flavio’s time with complaints about minor problems with some obscure plug-in and then waste forum space with LAME LIMY bullsh*t. Look at all the builds fixing these petty problems and whats at the top of the forum all the time- the facts don’t lie.

However, I don’t blame Flavio- its the selfish, greedy, and petty users that are ruining things by wasting his time.

I’m watching all this and if I don’t see any real changes I’m just going to have to buy another program. I don’t want to, but I need to get work done. I bought v3 and v4 as soon as they came out and planned to stay with Ntrack. That means at least one less customer for v5.

no cents

no cents

I'm watching all this and if I don't see any real changes I'm just going to have to buy another program.
Didn't Flavio just post a build that addresses some of your problems and post a reply to the other thread about it? When did he post that? Think about it.

If the app doesn't work for you and you are unsatisfied with the service Flavio is giving then there is no reason for you to keep posting over and over about a problem that you and a few other have that many folks don't have. Hammering away about it when it's not fixed in a short time won't get it fixed any faster. Flavio knows about it and has obviously been working on it. What more do you expect of him?

Are you suggesting he should not bother fixing the easy stuff or posting those until he fixes your problem, a problem that while servere for you, is obviously a hard one to find and non-existant for many? The fact that many folks don't have a problem is indicative of a problem that Flavio might not be able to repro himself.

You problems are very indicative of buggy video drivers, though we know the problem is in n-Tracks. What doesn't everyone have this problem? It would really help if you'd put in a different video card, especially a different brand, and see if the results are exactly the same. If they are then try a different motherboard, one with an Intel chip, try different amounts of memory, change the speed on the CPU in the BIOS, drop it down to see what happens. When the problem, goes away back track and see what makes it start up again.

As for limey, you may or may not remember the real limey. He was a true asset to the forum. He left when someone started hammering him because he always posted with his accent and phonetic spelling. He was VERY knowledgeable about recording, and that went way back to the 60's. We lost a true friend when he was run away. It would hurt very much if someone were to come along and claim to be THAT limey when it's very obvious that limey is not currently posting.

Trying to claim we don't care about your graphic problem becaue we don't have that problem is very much incorrect. Why would I try to dig into it with PageHeap and offer suggestions and try to dig into what the real problem was - why some folks have a problem and others don't when they are running the same version of n-Tracks. That doesn't exacly show that I, for one, don't care.

Trying to tie our feelings about the real limey and an imposter to your grahic glitches is a stretch. What else you you like for us to do to get your problem fixed?
Quote (nocents @ Jan. 03 2005,16:17)
I see. This is why Ntrack still has lots of problems.

More people are concerned about who is behind the screen name LIMY or some other BS than about real problems.

Just because the graphics problems don't occur on your computer doesn't mean they aren't a real problem for others. Of course when these same people have problems they really mouth off about it. If other people have problems they just blame the user by putting it down to their hardware setup, OS or drivers.

This is whats going to kill Ntrack within the next year or so, unfortunately. These greedy selfish people waste Flavio's time with complaints about minor problems with some obscure plug-in and then waste forum space with LAME LIMY bullsh*t. Look at all the builds fixing these petty problems and whats at the top of the forum all the time- the facts don't lie.

However, I don't blame Flavio- its the selfish, greedy, and petty users that are ruining things by wasting his time.

I'm watching all this and if I don't see any real changes I'm just going to have to buy another program. I don't want to, but I need to get work done. I bought v3 and v4 as soon as they came out and planned to stay with Ntrack. That means at least one less customer for v5.

no cents

no cents

ntrack has problems because its one guy writing it. its shareware. $50. its not backed by Sony, Magix, or Digidesign.... not because of a stupid internet forum post either.

ill tell you this. Flavio does what he wants to. I hardly think any of us are 'wasting his time'. Like I said ive been a ntrack user for 6 years. I admit that Samplitude 6 and now 7.2 (asio) is a better program but I still like big N sometimes.

there is plenty of room for everyones problems to get solved. maybe this shouldve been posted in off topic? sometimes a non music/ntrack post is good. things get pretty dry in here without em.

"hardware setup, OS or drivers." well, that usually IS the problem...

go ahead and buy another program.. Sam 7 is $900. Ntrack is almost as good. if youre that serious about recording and have paying customers, maybe you should consider somthing up a level. like Samplitude, Pro Tools, Nuendo....

after all, Ntrack is and probably always will be imexpensive shareware.
As for limey, you may or may not remember the real limey. He was a true asset to the forum.
I second that. Although I had a hard time reading limey's posts sometimes, I always enjoyed them & was saddened to hear about when he left. He also added a nice diversity & personality to this forum.

Mr Soul

Well I’m from North London originally and the new limey sure seemed like the old limey to me, but then again I’m jet lagged so perhaps that makes a difference. It’s a made up accent - perhaps it’s developed over time?

I guess only time would tell if the experience and wisdom was there. The would be a sign of the true limey.

Jeepers, reads like Limey to me. :) How’re’ya doing, Limey? :)

I still am puzzled by all the problems people have. I have never had any problems that could be traced to n-Track, although I’ve had some 3rd party plug in problems. I think I’ve been using it nearly as long as Brentg. Hmm… Summer of 1998 or so? Or was it 1999? On the other hand, Cubase took a bit of tweaking, and I made the mistake of trying PT free. That totally messed up my computer. Then again, I’ve never ahd problems with some other app as well, e.g., Orion. Totally glitch free. Anyway, what’s a few little problems compared to taking care of a fully analogue studio - setting aside the cost? :) :D

I would suggest the Bill Wall test.

Any other real oldtimers from V1 days would remember that gent and what was his specific recommendation for whatever N-Track problems arose.

Tom,

Good to hear from you, Old Bud!

I can answer the Bill Wall question. I wonder if Limey II can.

Also, we were all saddended when the real Limey had a death in the family a few years back. It had him down in the dumps for a long while. Do you remember who died?

I won’t accept brain fade from the new Limey on that one.

Regards,

Don

PS: Also on Bill Wall…I wonder if Limey II can name Bill’s plug-in contribution to all of us.