Concerning Limey

I agree with brentg. The fact that Flavio rarely posts here implies that he probably doesn’t dwell on unrelated posts.

Nocents, good luck with another program. Flavio is more responsive to most customer issues than any software package I’ve owned. The only example I know of where the vendors were MORE responsive was a company I worked for. In that case, we had a small number of customers, most of whom were spending hundreds of thousands or millions – quite a different economic model.

what ever happened to Bill?

ahhh and the almighty jezar…

pwflash

etc…

this could be settled with one little IP check… :;):

Hi brentg,

I last heard that Bill was still working at his own computer systems biz in California. As for Jezar, there is a spark of life at his website at: http://www.dreampoint.co.uk/ although the pages have not been updated recently, I think he will still answer your emails if given time. His many great recording/mixing articles are still available at the site and should be required reading for any serious DAWer.

Regards,

Don

Also, we were all saddended when the real Limey had a death in the family a few years back. It had him down in the dumps for a long while. Do you remember who died?
I won't accept brain fade from the new Limey on that one.
PS: Also on Bill Wall...I wonder if Limey II can name Bill's plug-in contribution to all of us.

Come on, all too easy!

Don would know and so would Limey since they talked about it. For Limey to not remember which family member died sure is - please excuse the expression – a dead givaway.

Here’s Bill website (business): http://www.directap.com/

Bill (Woxnerw), I’m responding to your post from the other thread 'cos I don’t think the subject deserves more than one thread on the front page. :D

Anyway, I fail your test.

But there again, I’ve never claimed to be the author of Limey’s Pyramid, nor the author of anything else for that matter.

Nor have I ever claimed to an expert in the sound recording or music fields, just a hopeful amateur who’s picking it up as I go along.

However, I was an electronics engineer working in the broadcasting and and music business. And although I spent my time in design and maintenance, not operations, nonetheless, I knew many of the places and people.

So, I think that if someone like myself knows a wee bit about the major sound recording places in London, “Limey” should know even more, but, apparently not.

But, as people have said, it matters not whether this Limey is the original.

If he contributes in information or entertainment, then that would be nice. But if he doesn’t, well, it’s an open forum, so that’s his choice.

LearJeff, yes, he did claim to be the old Limey.

<!–QuoteBegin>

but i is same ole limey n im sorry yer dont blve it

But, you’re right of course, it matters not.

Except, that if the new “Limey” posts advice or information, then how far can one trust that advice?

Ah well, the bottom line is, it’s only the Internet, so I’m buggered if the whole thing will affect me more than as a source of entertainment. :D

Anyway Limey, sorry, you’re answers are way off base! LOL

Anne Summers was in Edgeware Rd, then Charing Cross Rd, I don’t ever remember it being in Shaftesbury Ave.

Ditto Book stores, Charing Cross road, me old mate.

The BBC World Service are one of the many tenants of Bush, but, it’s not “the Beeb place”, that’s BH.

And no development of anything was ever done at Bush, it’s an operational establishment only.

Coronation St? What has that to do with any of my questions?

You’re a fake, mate! LOL

But, welcome to the forum anyway. :D (except, “welcome” is out of place, you’ve undoubtedly been here a lot longer than I have, under one guise or another. :laugh:)

Ali

oh deary deary moi mateys’’’’ wot a crazy bonkers thread’’‘bill n mac used ta say drivers, drivers, n blinkin drivers n moi da same fing’’’’ bill did a likkle plug in if i rmember ‘’’’‘a limiter thingy’’’ n there is a bookstore called foyles on shaftsbury if me memory serves moi correctly’’’‘n used ta be ali , maybe it aint anymor a summers stor around corner frum shaftesbury cos ages ago i went out wiv a bird dat shopped dere’’’‘maybe summers moved’’’‘im talkin ages n ages ago mate’’’ anyways it dont all matter mates’’’ cos im just impersonatin meself wich is da big larf on moi’’’’ do ya rmember me old adage thingy bout shoutin’ out RITE A BLINKIN BETTER SONG’’’’ luv to all yas
wever ya believe moi or not :D :D

Folks, if you Still think that’s not Limey, well, let’s just not talk about it anymore!

Bill’s was a saturation plug, IIRC. :)

Ali,

The thing that stood out to me in the new Limey’s posts is the cadence or meter of his posts. The real Limey had a special talent with his Limey-speak. It was clever and took some study and concentration to understand. It was crudely poetic in its own way and I, for one, found it to be very enjoyable. Sometimes you had to dig a wee bit to get to the heart of the matter. Time well spent in my opinion!

Don

Don, you’ve nailed it exactly.

Look at his mixing pyramid article.

He writes in a consistent style. It is an exagerated rendering of the East End spoken tongue.

It’s partly phonetic, partly individual, partly using accepted “slang” spellings, but, it is self-consistent; literate by its own standards and adheres to its own internal semantics.

And as you say, it possesses cadence and meter.

But this new “Limey”?

Not even close.

Come on Tom. You’ve shown that you have more than a little knowledge of language.

Be analytical.

How can you be even slightly deceived?

Knowledge of posts from several years back merely show that he was a member then.

Knowledge of private PM’s would be more convincing, but as Don has shown, he’s ignorant of those.

“Limey” my hat’s off to you. You’ve just proven that you can fool some of the people all of the time! LOL

And no, Limey, Foyles is, and always has been, on Charing Cross Road.

And you’re still wrong about Ann Summers! :laugh:

And as for “a long time ago”,… is this in a galaxy far, far away? LOL

Anyway, first time I walked in Abbey Road was '67, so, when were you there? :D

Never try to shit a shitter me old mucker! LOL

Ali

Wait! I’ve just worked it out!

The new Limey is actually TomS! :laugh: :laugh:

Ach well, probably not. :)

But, one writing style (although different dialect), and sense of humour that does strike a chord reading the new Limey, is that of Ali bin Gali!

Hmmm, evolution in action.

One quick visit to the phone booth, and Clark Bin MussilKent changes into SuperCockney! :laugh:

Keep it up Limey, I love watching the gulling of the gullible. :D

Ali

Quote (Limey @ Jan. 04 2005,18:29)
RITE A BLINKIN BETTER SONG

now thats Limey.

i think limey is just getting better at posting!!

:D :D

Yes, I remember Limey because I was here at the beginning of V3. I had some discussions and arguments with him- especially about processor speed. He was very conservative as to a machine’s requirements to run the “big N” as so many of the old board people called it.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

You people are all NUTS!!! Why the ell am I talkin’ about this, cos I ain’t nuts!!

This is crazy- talking so much about a guy I thought was a fruitcake himself. I mean, I thought his cockney was entertaining the first few times. Then I thought: this person must be nuts (schizhoid maybe) to always write in cockney.

Nuts. All nuts. Bleedin’ ell.

no cents

Nope, Ali, I’m just me. And I think I’d rather be described as taking people at their word rather than gullible. :)

One of the wiset things I ever learned from a really bad movie, namely Meatballs… It just doesn’t matter.

Tom, taking people at their word is an very admirable philosophy, and I sincerely apologise for calling you gullible.

I however, am far more cynical; hence I do not believe that Ali Bin gali is a Muslim, I not believe that Ted Nugent was a recent poster here, I do not believe that there are half a dozen incarnations of Mac visiting/not-visiting here, and I do not believe that the recent Katow was who he claimed either.

You’re right Bubba, it really doesn’t matter; but, from what I’ve read, several people on here regarded the original Limey, not only as a mentor, but as a friend too.

And the subsequent disappointment when it turned out their long-lost friend had not returned after all, seems to me to be a wee bit cruel.

I doubt if the cruelty was deliberate, but sometimes unintentional cruelty is the cruelest of all.

Oh yeah,what Bill used to actually say was: “Drivers, drivers, drivers”. Does that make me Limey too? LOL

Anyway, I’ve said more than enough on the subject, so I’ll now shut up about it. :D

Ali.

For those of you newer guys playing along at home, Bill Wall was a poster on this forum circa V1 whose advise to the forumites with difficultes was always to update your drivers.

It was almost like a joke. You can’t figure out how to use the copy and paste functions in n-Track or export as .mp3?

UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS!
:laugh:

Bill Wall = MaxX, iirc.

Willy, you are correct!

MaxX was/is a tape saturation plug that Bill Wall gave to the world.

Don

BIG FYI: http://www.directap.com/audio.asp

I also have it mirrored at http://downloads.phootoons.com but it’s better to get it from the original source.

(let me know if anyone has trouble install this - the included installation files may not work as planned since WinXp came out - there’s an easy workaround/fix)