Considering Moving

Oh Baby! COME TO POPPA! :love:

Hope you took that arab outfit off before you started eatin that connon candy :laugh:

Yea…

But you guys got it all wrong…

I’m really considering moving…

:)
:p

Load’er all in a VW Wagon…
and Hit-the-Road…

It’s gettin cold over here again…

:laugh:
:laugh: I’ll put my snowblower at the curb… If I can get 25 loonies for it… I’m outta here…

Windows 7…
What’s that… ?

Bill…

Leave your new studio?
Yeah your weather is a little much for sun bathers. I feel for ya there Bill.

I hear those guys over on Harmony Central…
I see that guys over here have issues with n-Track…

I can’t say I had any of the issues that you are reporting and then move on to the
®(Dark side) editor…
I moved outta '98SE and had to drop the CORE-32 audio hardware I used…
I haven’t tracked sense… I have no hardware to do that… yet.

For the little I know, and that’s not very much, I believe I’m gonna be able to use that Lexicon hardware with the Windows 7 operating system…
We’ll have to wait-and-see…

I’ve placed the order for Windows 7…
If it don’t work I’ll replace the boot drive and return to Vista…

But now I think I’m moving unto an Intel i7 processor an move outta the dual processor format, as well…

Somehow, I’m being led to believe that several machines are required to produce a finished product…
One machine/setup to track with…
another machine to edit with, and another machine to master with…
I’m not sure what the ideal hardware-and-operating system combinations for each process works the best…
Who knows ????

I know one thing…
These Asus/Intel 5200 dual processor machines with Vista Home premium with 2 gig of ram seem to be the most stable machines I’ve ever had…
I’m not a MIDI user…
Not yet…

As you are aware, I only use n-Track as my multi-track editor…
Streaming is not an issue…
If anything, XP gave me streaming files on the n-Track timeline issues… With XP, I don’t think it was n-Track issues…

It could have been Asus Main-board issues…

Is there anyone up here using n-Track with Windows 7 ????

Bill…

Quote:

Is there anyone up here using n-Track with Windows 7

I got my lip zipped Bill. You're on your own buddy. I already spoke my own (and 99.5% of other PC professionals) mind on this subject. But a truck driver from Texas knows more... So hey... good luck with whatever...

D

PS Do you think Lexicon (or anybody else) is going to have drivers for Core 32 hardware? They only sold like 53 units! :laugh: Come on Bill... you're gonna have to ditch that thing or stay in the 90's with Windows 98. Time to move up friend... :agree:
Quote: (woxnerw @ Oct. 05 2009, 6:03 PM)

Somehow, I'm being led to believe that several machines are required to produce a finished product..
One machine/setup to track with...
another machine to edit with, and another machine to master with..
I'm not sure what the ideal hardware-and-operating system combinations for each process works the best..
Who knows ????

Sounds like a winner Mr B
:agree:
Just be sure to get a swivel chair so you can swing around to your machines.

I tried mastering the other day while in a recliner, thinking I could get into that way.
For me it will probably be about the only way :laugh:

Outsource everything. Tracking to India. Editing to China. And mastering to Japan. Packaging and distribution to the Philipines and listening to the internet.
And try to use solar power whenever possible. It’s over.

You know that fiasco almost put Lexicon under…
They appeared to have the cleverest minds in the audio software and hardware business…

I have to go to work…
it’s past 6:00am …
here…
I gotta go and earn some tax money…

Who said it… ????

I’ll be back…

Bill…

:laugh: Amusing thought 7!
Maybe not to foreign countries but other brothers in studio possibly.
Don't know if it's over, news just reported that alcoa aluminum is on the upswing. That will help the trucking industry!
To me that is a significant sign, first one that I've seen since Dec.
Of course that could also just indicate that beer was no sacrifice over the summer holidays.
:agree:
Quote: (Diogesneez @ Oct. 05 2009, 8:58 PM)

But a truck driver from Texas knows more... So hey... good luck with whatever...

D

Wow! Ok ok we'll consider making you an honorary trucker, be nice.