Control Surface for Mixing?

Anyone know of anything?

Is anyone using some type of control surface with moving faders that works well with n-Track? i have started getting mixing jobs… and i’d like to find something that would make it a little easier…

Flavio put in presets for the Tascam US-224 and US-428, believe. From what I understand, you can use just about any interface that uses MMC, though. You’ll have to go through the process of having it learn each command, but once you do you should be fine.

Thankfully, since my 224 has the preset, I’ve never had to learn how to do that. Maybe someone else here can chime in and give the skinny on that task…

TK

heres what i need to know… with the 224 and 428, are the faders at all motorized? if they aren’t… then how do u set them to what n-track is set to everytime u open a song… manually?

Long time no see Geek. Good to see you doing well.

The faders on the interface aren’t motorized. But you can set n up to record their movements. As you move the fader up or down, it will record the fader movement for that track and then play it back.

Personally, I get much better results just drawing the volume evolutions. I don’t have to deal with latency issues at all, and it’s just easier to deal with, IMO.

Quote (teledork @ Nov. 19 2004,23:05)
Flavio put in presets for the Tascam US-224 and US-428, believe. From what I understand, you can use just about any interface that uses MMC, though. You'll have to go through the process of having it learn each command, but once you do you should be fine.

Thankfully, since my 224 has the preset, I've never had to learn how to do that. Maybe someone else here can chime in and give the skinny on that task....

TK

Say, anyone have any idea just how comprehensive the n-Track support is with the Tascam US-428? In Sonar, I think, it's pretty thorough. In n-Track, can you use the Aux Sends and Assign toggles? is fine resolution with Pan and EQ knobs available? Etc...?

Thanks,

Rog.