Control Surface

Looking for

I am interested in purchasing a control surface but do not want to break the bank in doing so. I am currnetly looking into the Behringer BCF2000.

Is anyone using it with N-Tracks? And is it compatible?

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks

Bogoz

[QUOTE]It isn’t what you do, it’s how you do it.

I looked at the BCF2000 but decided to go with the Evolution UC-33e instead: Evolution UC-33e

Advantage BCF2000:
- motorized faders
- two buttons per “channel” (vs. none)

Advantage UC-33e
- cheaper
- three pots per “channel” (vs. one)

I also skimmed the manuals online and convinced myself the UC-33e was closer to what I was looking for in other ways. But it was a close call.

FWIW, I love using the UC-33e with n-Track… so much better than using a mouse. The set up was a little tedious, but not difficult. It would have been way faster if we could edit n-Track’s control surface config file as an ASCII file. I could have done the whole setup in about 2 minutes in vi, instead of doing each control one-by-one in n-Track’s dialog.

Just a word about Evolution.

M-Audio products are designed to a price, and if you’re happy with that, OK.

They are not well built, they are not suitable for rough or stage use.

They do the job, but they are cheap and nasty with it.

same goes for some behringer stuff too though :)

although I’d really love to get m-audio’s new controller/audio interface.

Been running a BCF2000 for about a year with Cubase SX, and it’s been really solid -certainly the best piece of Behringer gear I’ve bought.

I’ve never tried it with n-track, so i can’t speak to the config issues.

k

Quote (KBub @ Feb. 10 2006,14:42)
I looked at the BCF2000 but decided to go with the Evolution UC-33e instead: Evolution UC-33e

Advantage BCF2000:
- motorized faders
- two buttons per "channel" (vs. none)

Advantage UC-33e
- cheaper
- three pots per "channel" (vs. one)

I also skimmed the manuals online and convinced myself the UC-33e was closer to what I was looking for in other ways. But it was a close call.

FWIW, I love using the UC-33e with n-Track... so much better than using a mouse. The set up was a little tedious, but not difficult. It would have been way faster if we could edit n-Track's control surface config file as an ASCII file. I could have done the whole setup in about 2 minutes in vi, instead of doing each control one-by-one in n-Track's dialog.

I too have a UC-33e but to be honest all I've managed to do is configure the faders, pan pot and transport controls plus a couple of extra buttons. I have set this for 2 banks (tracks 1-8 and 9-16) However, I have 2 rows of knobs doing nothing.

I would be very interested in a run down of how yours is configured (which knobs do what) and if you were able to share your control file with me I'd be over the moon).

The Behringer wasn't an option when I was looking around but looks amazing for the price if it's fully configurable with nTrack.

Regards,

Jeff

Thank you for the replies. As of yet I have not purchased a control unit. I am still waiting for more information on the unit. I have a friend that uses several of the Behringer signal processors and is very pleased with them. I guess I still need the compatability question answered then I would be making my final decision.