corrupt sng file?

Hey guys;

I can open nTrack with no problems, but if I try to open 1 sng file in particular, I get the “ntrack.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows” error message. Every other sng file I try to open works fine, so I’m assuming that the sng file is corrupt. Does anyone have any tricks to get it running again? I’ve got all the wav files intact, but I have to get them al sync’d up again, re-mix…

THanks

Hi tempus:

I would create a new folder…
with a different name…
Change the “Path” to where the new folder is…
I would then open n-Track and import the files/tracks into the timeline…
See if the timeline plays the tracks from there…

If n-Track opens-and-plays the files/tracks I would then copy-and-paste the tracks into the new folder and save as the song as a “new named song”…

That might be worth a try…
I hope that suggestion helps…

Bill…

Thanks for your reply Bill.

I can get all of the wav files to open, but it’s the song file that I want back, since it has all the wav files in sync, as well as all the levels, volume evolutions, fx, etc. Are there any tricks to get it back?

Thanks

Hi Again tempus:

That suggestion means creating a new .sng file…
Sorry…

I can’t remember getting to a point where I had to create a new .sng file here…
The more I think about it…
nothing quickly comes to mind… I’ve come up through n-Track from before version 1…
I’ve seen posts about .sng files not working from build-to-build… It’s a heartache for that to happen…

I wouldn’t toss the .sng file out…
It doesn’t occupy a lot of space…(File size)…

It must be something in the new config. file that is unable to be brought forward… into the new version…
????

I would consider just getting on with the project and make a new timeline and do a “SAVE AS”…
again…

Bill…

you could try this -

click on ADD CHANNEL on toolbar - then select INPORT TRACKS FROM .SNG FILE, select corrupt file and see if N can salvage something out of it -

Dr J