Could agree with Pat Buchanon more

da da dum!

Quote (clark_griswold @ Feb. 14 2005,18:28)
Really? I need to find something about that. I never heard that! wow.

Is he a tallking head full-time? what network?

Check out PB HERE.

TG

TG - don’t get me wrong - I don’t like Pat B. at all but I just happen to think he’s right on this MAJOR issue. But the a lot of conservatives are distancing themselves from him on this one because he is critical of Bush & you can’t have that now can you.

Mr Soul

Pat is right on a lot of issues-reasons-whys, including a lot of things he’s said that have got him in how water occasionally. It’s the fact that he says what many think but will not say that causes trouble. (I’m not supporting all he says we should do about them though, though he is right there as well many times.)

It’s very ironic that when he was running for president he was looked at at being way so far to the right that he was an unacceptable candidate, as racists (Many of his positions an comments sounded that way for sure, but stating obvious facts doesn’t mean he’s a racist…saying that the easiest way to end a race war is to separate the races does not mean that’s what should be done…it’s a context issue. He was talking about South Africa at the time. After all how can anyone mention that Hitler did anything good without look like bad, even if ther were some good things his regime did (magnetic recording on tape - rockets - inexpensive cars)?). He hasn’t really changed his pistons through the years either. It’s the context his comments are placed in that make some seem to waver.

He’s also a TV personality. He says stuff now that aren’t tempered in a way that they would be if he was actively in politics. Yes, that makes him a guy like Rush, except at least Pat knows what he’s talking about.

Pat very much a republican in all senses of the political ideals that party has stood for, for a long time. If he seems different than today’s republican party it’s not because he has changed all that much.

It's very ironic that when he was running for president he was looked at at being way so far to the right that he was an unacceptable candidate, as racists
He got very carried away at the 1992 Republican Convention:

My friends, this election is about much more than who gets what. It is about who we are. It is about what we believe. It is about what we stand for as Americans. There is a religious war going on in our country for the soul of America. It is a cultural war, as critical to the kind of nation we will one day be as was the Cold War itself. And in that struggle for the soul of America, Clinton & Clinton are on the other side, and George Bush is on our side. And so, we have to come home, and stand beside him.

Over the top IMO.

Mr Soul