Cover Tune...Slo Dancin

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1378871/SloDancin.mp3

Couple of bars…My version…I still hate this song.

Never tried a link to DropBox like this…Dont know if it will work

Hi duffman:

The link works fine over here…
The toms are great…
Lots of energy goin on…
How is the kit created ????

I’d like to be able to link to my Dropbox Account, like that…
What’s the secret to doing that ????

Bill…

Drag the file into the public folder, left click on that file, in the drop-down is ‘copy public link’ then paste it anywhere as a hyperlink.

Great tom sound, Duff. Is that a physical kit?

I love the fact that you did something completely different with the song than the original, although it kind’ve loses the whole ballad mentality in the translation… good effort !

:agree:

You improved that tune about 100,000%. The guitar in the breaks is really cool. :agree:

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 19 2010, 4:52 PM)

You improved that tune about 100,000%.
The guitar in the breaks is really cool.

Hey thanks Tom. My whole point with takin 15 minutes out of my day to do this was; if you are going to do a cover have the artistic integrity to make it your own.
Quote: (duffman @ Dec. 19 2010, 5:05 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 19 2010, 4:52 PM)

You improved that tune about 100,000%.
The guitar in the breaks is really cool.

Hey thanks Tom. My whole point with takin 15 minutes out of my day to do this was; if you are going to do a cover have the artistic integrity to make it your own.

Yup. But, like you, Duff, I flickin' hate that song. I like your take on it - I can feel the bad vibe - but why did yuh bovver?

Excellent! :agree: :agree:

Much better version of that tune. (I’m with you guys though… Ick!) :laugh: One of the grandpappy “Bubble-gum pop” tunes IMO. JR would have been better served consulting Duffman… :agree:

UJ

Actually, I did have the “artistic integrity” to make that song my own, earlier versions NEVER had any lead breaks in them. I liked the original ballad feel of the song, and saw no reason to change it. There’s no reason to be insulting just because I didn’t do it the way that you would have…

Hey!?!?!? Where’s the insult?

That’s MY job!! I’m callin’ the union steward…

UJ

Not you, UJ

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Dec. 19 2010, 8:18 PM)

Not you, UJ

Sorry if it was me. No intent to insult. Your stuff is highly distinctive and original. I hope I didn't imply anything to the contrary. :agree:

Check back, guys. Crossed wires.

Not you, either, Tom

the operative remark was “artistic integrity”, as I recall…