crystaleaglesprings

Lol, good point. But I have two more questions. First, how do I use the “tap” feature on the metronome. And second, how do I use the tuner? When I turn it on, it says “signal indeterminate” or something like that. Thanks.

Soooo, does anybody know why it says “signal indeterminate” when I try to use the tuner?

signal indeterminate means the signal is too low in level or harmonically rich to pick out the pitch, which can happen if there are too many highs or the sound is too distorted, or even if the harmonics are off at the bridge causing out of tune overtones.

If the level is good try turning back the tone control on the guitar so the sound is almost muffled, then lightly thumb harmonics or open strings to make the sound as close to a sine wave as possible.

Hey, I’m pretty sure my harmonics are on, but I’m not very good at setting them so I had to have somebody else test them, and he said they were good. I don’t have a tone control for my pickup, only volume, so that’s not really an option. I will try thumbing though. Thanks!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Soooo, does anybody know why it says “signal indeterminate” when I try to use the tuner?

I’m only guessing (I don’t use the tuner), but do you have to press “Live”?

Mark

Mark, I think so, and failure to do that would probably cause the “signal indeterminate”. You just can’t tune silence!

No, it says that while recording or even live. In order to tune, (I kind of figured it out) I have to record it, then play it back. But I have to go through the whole thing by pushing and releasing pause, because the few times that the tuner does actually tell me what note it is, it is too fast to see without pausing it. Anyway, I got it figured out.

That sounds like a very complicated way of tuning a guitar crystal! ???

Personally, I use AP guitar tuner (google it), but even in n-track it ought to be simpler than that.

PS, if you can’t find AP guitar tuner, and you’re interested, just PM me and I’ll send you a copy.

Anyway, taking this into account with your metronome problems, it seems to me that you may have some hardware/software set-up issues.

Perhaps they need investigating further?

Ali

<!–QuoteBegin>

Personally, I use AP guitar tuner (google it), but even in n-track it ought to be simpler than that.

Yep. Another vote for AP Tuner here.

It sounds like LIVE mode isn’t working properly for you.

<!–QuoteBegin>

No, it says that while recording or even live. In order to tune, (I kind of figured it out) I have to record it, then play it back.

Definilty not the case. It works for me in Live mode. To force tuning only on recorded sounds would make it useless.

Well, I don’t know what to do with it then. I guess I’ll get that tuner you were talking about.

crystal; sort your hardware out.

You need a way of getting good line level into the line i/p of your soundcard; a mixer is favourite, that will handle mics and line level thingies, but not guitar, you’ll need to add something else for that.

Read Learjeff’s and the other posts again.

Get your levels and impedances right, then you can concentrate on other things later. :)

Ali

Well, I got that tuner. AWESOME!!! Thanks!

Hey guys, I have some questions. On only one of my songs, I am experiencing a problem with saving. After I save, and reopen the file, it reverts back to what it was before. It’s even reverting back to something that I didn’t even set. It has three of my tracks shortened like I’d cut it, which I didn’t. Does anybody know what’s wrong? Also, drawing volume evolution doesn’t effect anything in playback. I looked under help, which the help is pretty sad by the way, and it talks about pushing the R button on the mixer and it will record any fader changes that you make during playback. First of all, there is no R button, it’s actually the little circle that turns red when pushed. Next, it does record the volume evolutions, but as before, no change during playback, even if I have the green triangle pushed down on the mixer that is next to the red circle. The only thing that changes the volume is when I draw the master volume evolution. Another sad thing about the help file is that other things it says are there, aren’t. For instance, it says when drawing volume evolution, that you can choose which evolution you would like to draw by choosing on the pop up menu. It says: For instance, if you select “draw track volume” this will enable you to draw the track volume evolution. There IS no selection on the pop up menu for “draw track volume.” Well, I’ve probably confused a few people by now, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check you’ve got “Allow automated Volum Pan for Wave tracks” enabled in the Preferences.

There is a drop down menu for the Evolution type - click on the black triange/slope icon on the toolbar and you get the selection.

Put a few blank lines in your posts to make it easier to read.

Yeah - the manual does lag a little behind the software releases. Generally it’s close enough for most stuff.

HTH

Mark

Try resetting to defaults (in Preferences). First make a note of all important settings and then reset. It might help.

Another thing to check is that your disk drive doesn’t have bad sectors – run the disk check. That’s a long shot and probably not the cause, but it won’t hurt. And if it is the cause, you really need to get it sorted out or you can lose lots.

Ok, thanks guys! I messed around with it a little last night and got it to save, although I don’t know how. Thanks for the advice on the volume evolution.

I know there is a pop up menu when you click on the black triangle, but “draw track volume” is not one of the options. Do I want to select the first one that says “draw volume envelopes?” When I click that, (I think it’s the default selection) the envelope is a green line. Thanks!

yup, that’s it