Customer support Help please

Have non 4.0 license

I bought the license for n-Track about a year ago.

I have been using as the primary mixing program in the last month or two and everything worked fine until just about 45 minutes ago.

Now the installed n-Track will not open my 16-bit wave files.
It won’t open anything. Files that were great and compatible just hours ago, now won’t work.

I un-installed and tried re-installing the n-Track prog, but got a message saying…<!–QuoteBegin>

"The exe for this program
has been moved. Do you want to delete the shortcut?"

Thing is…this was not a shortcut…but the original
exe (main copy of the pre 4.0 program).

I tried a backup copy I had burned to CD, thinking I may have just a bad file here.

A copy of the original program file I burned over two months ago brought the same error message as above.

In other words…my program will suddenly not work.

I don’t want to upgrade to the 4.0 version simply because
I don’t need any more charges on my Credit Card. I’m trying to have less debt…not more.

When I try and click on the “current version”…I get
taken to the 4.0 file.

I tried installing the 4.0 program and entering my license key, thinking it might recognize at least the 3. whatever licencse key, but got the message “Wrong key”…something like that.

I have the license key I paid for…and the CC info for
verification if you need it.

Help me out please…thanks.

BMG

I’d check for a virus with that shortcut message.

Hey BMG,

One thing I can say is that the 4.x keys are definitely different from the 3.x keys, so that’s why that didn’t work. If you registered N-track 3.x after Feb. 11, 2004, then you should get 4.x free (you would have received both sets of keys together), but that’s another story–the main thing is fixing your 3.x (3.3, I assume, since that was the official release about a year ago, and 4.0 was probably still in Beta).

Just trying to get this straight though…you were using 3.x, then it stopped opening any of your files for some reason, so you tried to install 4.0 and use the 3.x key, but that didn’t work, so now you’ve reinstalled 3.x but it gives you a “The exe for this program
has been moved. Do you want to delete the shortcut?” error, even if you double-click on the installed 3.3 .exe file itself (i.e., in “C:\Program Files
-Track Studio” or similar)? Did I miss it here?

Just trying to clarify…

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ May 11 2005,01:29)
Exactl

Hey BMG,

One thing I can say is that the 4.x keys are definitely different from the 3.x keys, so that’s why that didn’t work. If you registered N-track 3.x after Feb. 11, 2004, then you should get 4.x free (you would have received both sets of keys together), but that’s another story–the main thing is fixing your 3.x (3.3, I assume, since that was the official release about a year ago, and 4.0 was probably still in Beta).

Just trying to get this straight though…you were using 3.x, then it stopped opening any of your files for some reason, so you tried to install 4.0 and use the 3.x key, but that didn’t work, so now you’ve reinstalled 3.x but it gives you a “The exe for this program
has been moved. Do you want to delete the shortcut?” error, even if you double-click on the installed 3.3 .exe file itself (i.e., in “C:\Program Files
-Track Studio” or similar)? Did I miss it here?]

Just trying to clarify…

Tony

I don’t have a virus. I keep all my AV, and anti-spyware,
and adware programs up to date and constantly scan.

Nothing…gets on my computer that I don’t want to.

I assure you.

That’s not the problem.

======================
To Scantee:

Exactly.

Even the back-up copy that I burn of every program
I buy or that is free, just in case something like this
happens, it shows the same error.

I need a way to download the old 3.3 version of n-Track.
At least that would be the first place to start I would think.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe I registered my n-track
before 2-2004.

Thanks, and I look forward to a satisfying resolution to this
problem.

Thanks You.

Here you go…

http://ntrack.com/__old_download.shtm

TG