Cut and Rumsfeld...

“Insert your own joke here”

hey doc,

eventually you all are going to run out of bogeymen…then what?

Blame Canada.

only for Celine Dion

What would Brian Boitano do?

So what would Brian Boitano do
If he were here today,
I’m sure he’d kick an ass or two,
That’s what Brian Boitano’d do.

When Brian Boitano was in the Alps
Fighting grizzly bears,
He used his magical fire-breath
And saved the maidens fair!

Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 08 2006,14:41)
Blame Canada.

Canada is just like the U.S. only with a LOT LESS GUNS...

:D

we’re happy for them…

Quote (clark_griswold @ Nov. 08 2006,14:37)
hey doc,

eventually you all are going to run out of bogeymen...then what?

I will live in a peaceful, healthy world... :D

you make funny

Quote (clark_griswold @ Nov. 08 2006,16:47)
you make funny

12,000 comedians out of work in the US alone, and I am trying to be funny...

I aim to please...

Speaking of funny, who was with Cheney yesterday when he went hunting? And when is their funeral? :;):

Mike
Quote (Guest @ Nov. 08 2006,16:32)
Quote (Bubbagump @ Nov. 08 2006,14:41)
Blame Canada.

Canada is just like the U.S. only with a LOT LESS GUNS...

:D

And a higher quality of life. And better hockey players. Plus they have that fellow named Bill who posts here every once in a while. :D

Oh, and lots more cold fronts.

<!–QuoteBegin>

Oh, and lots more cold fronts.

THE reason I’ll let Bill keep Canada and I’ll stay down heah in da’ souf where it’s nice and WARM…

D

I’m only bumping this cause I love the topic title… :p

I know the ksdb(s) of this group will say he had to leave cause the democrats were going to make it hard for him to do his job, but I think it was just a simple “cut and run” on his part. He didn’t want to have to deal with the mess he has made and it was easier (and possibly safer) to just leave when he became part of the minority in power.

So from now on I refer to him as “cut and Rumsfeld”.

What a hypocritical coward. ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

Dr Guitar said venomously, "What a hypocritical coward."

I fully disagree. If Rumsfeld is anything he is the loyal soldier. He carried out the President’s and Vice President’s wishes to the letter. If Bush actually listened to the Generals as he claimed he would have directed Rumsfeld (his subordinate) to change tactics. These tactics were GW’s and DC’s. Whatever ideas Rumsfeld had are immaterial since he is not dictating policy. Want an example? Consider Paul O’Neil. Go against policy and get fired.

Paul O’Neil

If you’re gonna blame someone put the blame where it belongs.

KingFish

I like that word, “venomously”.

I don’t know KF. If Rumsfeld was actually doing things against his nature, he could have left sooner (like Powell). But he has been in this war since the beginning and it has gone badly. He has also downplayed the casualitys on many occasions. Now when he might be held responsible for his part in this fiasco, he is doing what the neo-cons have claimed the Dems want to do; cut and run.

I also have a hard time believing that he was “just doing as told”. He is certainly brighter than his boss and he was the man in charge of running the war effort. I’m sure if he had gone against Bush’s wishes, he would have been taken to task. But he is certainly not innocent of any of the botched planning (or lack thereof).

Quote (DrGuitar @ Nov. 08 2006,16:42)
Quote (clark_griswold @ Nov. 08 2006,14:37)
hey doc,

eventually you all are going to run out of bogeymen…then what?

I will live in a peaceful, healthy world… :D

America Alone

"Granted, most Muslims are not terrorists. Nevertheless, it is clear that many Muslims, including some portion of those living in the West, sympathize with terrorists and support the global jihad. As Robert Spencer, Andrew Bostom, David Yerushalmi, and many others have explained, the jihadist impulse is found throughout Islamic theology, history, and culture.

Islam divides the world into the House of Islam (dar al-Islam), where Islamic law (sharia) reigns supreme, and the House of War (dar al-harb), where sharia does not yet prevail. Muslims are enjoined by Allah and Muhammad to wage war upon the House of War until it is brought within the House of Islam. This religious-political project – and not the P.C. troika of poverty, tyranny, and discrimination – is the root of jihad. (For an excellent introduction to the theology and history of Islam, see here.)"

Sleep well, child.

MHR