Cutting out a part

Closing the gap

I did a search and could not find how to close the gap after a part is cut out. :peace:
I tryed pulling the parts togeteher but its not working that way for me.
I’m using the sissorrs to cut the part out but how do I fill in that gap?

Thanks

if it is a wav file and you close the gap by moving the file left or right (click the little double arrow on the bottom left of the wav) it is going to make whatever was recorded be played earlier or later (depending on which way you move it)

Usually when I cut out a part I just leave the blank area there and punch in or slide another filler track part in position to fill the gap (like copying a better part of a track and pasting it in there), cause obviously if you slide the track you cut a part off of into the gap it is going to change the timing.
:)

if it is a midi file you are cutting out a part to right click the track select piano roll and edit the notes in there, you can copy a part you like by drawing a box around it going up to Edit/copy then you can go to the gap area and put the timeline where you want your fill in notes to start, click paste and they should be there.
Alternatively you could highlight the rest of the midi track notes and just slide them over as well.

dontcare

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 16 2012, 1:23 AM)

if it is a wav file and you close the gap by moving the file left or right (click the little double arrow on the bottom left of the wav) it is going to make whatever was recorded be played earlier or later (depending on which way you move it)

Usually when I cut out a part I just leave the blank area there and punch in or slide another filler track part in position to fill the gap (like copying a better part of a track and pasting it in there), cause obviously if you slide the track you cut a part off of into the gap it is going to change the timing.
:)

if it is a midi file you are cutting out a part to right click the track select piano roll and edit the notes in there, you can copy a part you like by drawing a box around it going up to Edit/copy then you can go to the gap area and put the timeline where you want your fill in notes to start, click paste and they should be there.
Alternatively you could highlight the rest of the midi track notes and just slide them over as well.

dontcare

Its a part where theres a bunch of noise so the beat won't matter here.
I will try what you said... Thanks.

HIghlight(select) the track you want to change - this can be a single track or all tracks by dragging overe the tracks to add them.
place the cursor on the left of where you want to cut , press s (keyboard key letter s to split)
go to where you want to teh end of the cut to be - place the curser there. Using the main menu select EDIT > Cur ant Move Left. This will remove the area beteween to two marked areas and move the tracks to gether automatically.
If you are in Non-Distruct mode this is alway reversable.
Bax

Select the track you want to remove a section fromPlace the curser on the left side of where you want the section removed (cut)
Press s on the keyboard to Split the track at the curser
Go to the right side of where you want the section removed and using the main menue select EDIT > CUT and Move Left
That will cut the area between and move everything left to close the gap.
This is reversable in N-n-Distruct mode. And the “handles” are still there to make adjustments incase you want to fade in/fade out the two parts.
Bax

As DC and Bax have said but as DC indicated, this will put everything on the right of the splice, out of synch with any other tracks. Would it not be better to Mute the section?

Quote: (bax3 @ Jan. 17 2012, 5:20 PM)

Select the track you want to remove a section fromPlace the curser on the left side of where you want the section removed (cut)
Press s on the keyboard to Split the track at the curser
Go to the right side of where you want the section removed and using the main menue select EDIT > CUT and Move Left
That will cut the area between and move everything left to close the gap.
This is reversable in N-n-Distruct mode.
And the "handles" are still there to make adjustments incase you want to fade in/fade out the two parts.
Bax

Thanks for the input there Bax

Dan