Cyber band?!

drummers/bass players

Hey all…2 guitarists/vocalists here. We’ve been recording some originals on N-Track and were wondering if any drummers or bassists were interested in taking a crack at dubbing in some tracks to go along with these? Tracks are here http://www.myspace.com/salivapants

If interested, let me know…we can figure it out!

Hey, that’s good. Did you do these with click tracks?

Boston - got some very good friends there -

Howdy Neighbor!
Nice sounding material there.
I have no drum/bass skills but you might find someone able to help on this here friendly forum. Stick around. Good luck!

Very classic sounding tracks, love the harmony arrangements. really like ‘any given sunday’ … it’s catchy and light. :agree:

I play Bass but am a noob at computer music.
I thought for verse of the 2nd track Sad songs you could have:

F + 2 + 3 + 4 + D + 2 + 3 + 4 + G + 2 + 3 + C + 1 + Bb + A + G + repeat…

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + = 1 2 3 and 4 falling on the beats at about 130 bpm with the +'s in between.
All notes legato i.e. the F is a semibreve (whole note).

Thats wrong, it should be:

F (+) (2) (+) D (+) (4) (+) G (+) (2) C (3) Bb A G repeat…

So F is a minim not semibreve

Hi soupska:

There’s some nice stuff there…

There’s a guy out on the north-west coast that could fix you some nice bottom-end tracks, for your songs…
He hangs out around here from time-to-time…
As well, there’s some guys over in the UK that could cover your tracks…

Your “Seven Days” is great…
Great creativity going on there for a bass player…

What side of Boston is home for you ????

Bill…

[EDIT] Lulu is great as well… NiCe…

I play a mean polyphonic Cimbasso Tuba.
I can send in a few clips done in the key of Dmaj7 if that would enhance the mix.

Thanks all for the comments! So basically this is one of those projects where really anyone who feels like doing anything is welcome to have a go at it. So to the tuba player, I hadn’t even considered that, but seriously…if you’ve got the time to waste, go for it and let’s see! I’d be willing to mix in just about anything anyone sends and give you back a copy (within reason of course! If I get swamped with stuff, then we’ll have to see). But of course drums would be nice. And yes, I did record these to a click track so if any drummers want to try it, I can get you mixes with the click in there. Thanks again!

Once the radon mess in my basement is fixed, I’d have a go at the bass, but I’d only take me as a second choice.

Hey, flanders, let’s hear the tuba! Personally, I think your tuba chops are probably as weak as your guitar chops! :)

Gad, I can be so mean. Sorry about that, flanders. :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 21 2009, 12:45 PM)

Hey, flanders, let's hear the tuba!
Personally, I think your tuba chops are probably as weak as your guitar chops!
:)

Are you saying when it comes to playing the tuba he blows?
Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 21 2009, 12:45 PM)

Once the radon mess in my basement is fixed, I'd have a go at the bass, but I'd only take me as a second choice.

Hey, flanders, let's hear the tuba!
Personally, I think your tuba chops are probably as weak as your guitar chops!

Gad, I can be so mean.
Sorry about that, flanders.
:laugh:

That one went deep. Why do you try to hurt me so, Commander Tom?
Quote: (soupska @ Dec. 21 2009, 3:31 AM)

Thanks all for the comments! So basically this is one of those projects where really anyone who feels like doing anything is welcome to have a go at it. So to the tuba player, I hadn't even considered that, but seriously..if you've got the time to waste, go for it and let's see! I'd be willing to mix in just about anything anyone sends and give you back a copy (within reason of course! If I get swamped with stuff, then we'll have to see). But of course drums would be nice. And yes, I did record these to a click track so if any drummers want to try it, I can get you mixes with the click in there. Thanks again!

You are better of just giving them the click track by itself, that way they can adjust the volume on their mix or take it out altogether.

IF I have time tomorrow I could give the bass on one of them a go it would help to know what style you are looking for before starting, eg, funky, walking, riding, etc etc
I would need the click tho, since I would program drums for it to work off of.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Because you have purloined the name of two of the greatest humans ever to have existed:
Quintus Horatius Flaccus and Horace Rumpole, my good Frankendingle.

But I apologize, and the Chateau Thames Embankment is on me, if you are overly damaged.

On the other hand, I do believe I have on more than one occasion said something positive about your guitar chops, chap.

PS if I had to pick one today I would say Allyson’s Sad, if you could get that file up (preferable wma lossless, or ape. lossless) and the click that would leave it open for tomorrow should the opportunity arise.

keep shinin

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 21 2009, 5:23 PM)

Because you have purloined the name of two of the greatest humans ever to have existed:

But I apologize, and the Chateau Thames Embankment is on me, if you are overly damaged.

On the other hand, I do believe I have on more than one occasion said something positive about your guitar chops, chap.

classic case of can dish it out but can't take it, it's always funny when it is someone else being yammered, but when it's you it's time to break out the kleenex and the worlds smallest violin.....unless of course he is just pretending to be hurt by taking your joke seriously to yank your chain, in which case the joke has two sides to it and fun for both. :whistle:

keep shinin

Quote: (jeremysdemo @ Dec. 21 2009, 5:33 PM)

Quote: (TomS @ Dec. 21 2009, 5:23 PM)

classic case of can dish it out but can't take it, it's always funny when it is someone else being yammered, but when it's you it's time to break out the kleenex and the worlds smallest violin.....unless of course he is just pretending to be hurt by taking your joke seriously to yank your chain, in which case the joke has two sides to it and fun for both.
:whistle:

keep shinin

I'd run with that bit about the joke having two sides there, God-boy. I haven't been "hurt" since back in '82 :laugh:

Oh, flanders takes it as well as he gives it< Jeremy. anyway, he and I are just fooling around right now. He knew perfectly well that my insult was a compliment. What he hasn’t realized is that Horace Rumpole was merely a fictional character. A great one, too. :) Not that flanders is a fictional character. Right, Frankenweiner? Will the real hugh jazz please stand up?

I happened to not be signed in so I read that and resent it,

I am not a God-boy I am a God-man, I have hair growing out of my Solar lentigo and I can eat a regular size crabby patty (if crab was kosher I would, although the secret ingredient is not crab but plankton)

keep shinin