Damn thing wont register!!!

Since upgrading my studio with a TASCAM 1641 USB interface my lovely version of N-track 4 has now unregistered itself and plays a terrible organ minor 2nd interval every twenty seconds.

Even if I reinstall it and type in my codes again and again, it congratulates me on registering and then continues playing this noise all over my drum kit.

I noticed it tried to connect to the internet just after entering the codes but seeing as my pc is in a basement I have no internet access there. I don’t remember that being a problem before?

Quote: (spooner @ Nov. 24 2008, 5:48 PM)

Since upgrading my studio with a TASCAM 1641 USB interface my lovely version of N-track 4 has now unregistered itself and plays a terrible organ minor 2nd interval every twenty seconds.

Even if I reinstall it and type in my codes again and again, it congratulates me on registering and then continues playing this noise all over my drum kit.

I noticed it tried to connect to the internet just after entering the codes but seeing as my pc is in a basement I have no internet access there. I don't remember that being a problem before?

Hmm, need some more info... Is this for a desktop or laptop PC?
What audio device (wdm, asio, etc) are you using?
Are you set in 16 or 24bit audio format?
And is your registration for 16 or 24 bits? A combination of those things might be a culprit, amongst others.

The 1641 is a 24 bit device. You may need to upgrade to 24 bit n-Track. Even if there is a 16 bit specific device driver listed for the 1641. It’s been my experience that n will honk and toot at you until you buy the 24 bit version. My US-122L was the same…

D

yep - you need the new 24 bit version.

Poppa, Dubious and Technoid - thanks for taking the time to give me the ( bad ) news. I was forcing 16 bit on the inputs as I use an old soundforge programme for my editing and it won’t look at 24bit files. It still won’t register. What is doubly annoying is that I can’t actually hear the difference between the two sample rates.

Sadly Detective Spooner, your story parallels mine re: n-Track. I needed a higher fidelity sound card with more I/O and bought an EMU1820M. I HAD to upgrade to V4 to get a version that would work with my new hardware. Otherwise, I’d probably STILL be using V3.3!

D